All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Property Investment Tax accountant

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of basherbasher
    Participant
    @basher

I am looking for a good tax accountant in Melbourne, preferably near the city as I live in Yarraville. Before everyone tells me to serach the posts I have done that a couple of times and Gatherum Goss seems to be the favourite so I used them last year and wasn’t that impressed. Perhaps if you get to see Dale (the owner) then it would be better but the person I saw didn’t have any investment properties and when I asked questions like “whats the most I can claim here” I got the reply “Well whats the truth”. Thats fair enough but I ended up looking up some tax rulings myself to get a better return (and still keeping within the law). The person I saw had to leave to pick up their child from school before we were finished which wasn’t exactly professional! Also Gatherum Goss are about an hour’s drive from my house so I would prefer someone closer.

If anyone lives in the same(ish) area and can recommend their accountant (Who does invest in property) then I would really appreciate it.

Thanks very much!

Sarah Melbourne

Profile photo of basherbasher
    Participant
    @basher

I see that a few people have read this but not yet replied.

I have looked through previous posts and seen that some of you believe it doesn’t matter where the accountant is located as you don’t necessarily need to visit them, what with email etc. I do agree and would therefore consider anyone in Melbourne, as I would like to meet them the first time at the very least !

Thanks again!!!!

Sarah Melbourne

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.