All Topics / Finance / strata title ~ a good choice ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of nickelbennickelben
    @nickelben

Hi all,

I bought a strip of retail shops of 4 units with a single toilet/washroom on a single title, freestanding and with 16 carparks. Just wondering to apply strata title for each unit is a right choice if i want to sell out easier and better price in future ?

Being totally no idea where to start off , the cost , how long it takes and most important is to learn what are the advantages & disadvantages before I start .

Does any one have any idea ? You are all welcome ! Thanks.

Nickelben
    Brisbane

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

You would do it through your local council.

They will be able to advise you if you cal land ask to speak to the Town Planner or his staff.

Biggest advantage is that each property can be sold individually and you may find they are worth more each.

Disadvantage is cost, effort and you will get four sets of rates…..

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

You say “if I want to sell”….but what is your intention for the property ??

We only have one strata place and would never buy another. If you left the strip of four shops together on one title, it would be more attractive to a buyer like us.

What is your intention with them ?? Sell if the price is right, split up if the price and headaches are OK, or keep for the grandkids when they are 40 ??

Profile photo of nickelbennickelben
    @nickelben

Hi Simon , thanks for your points of view. I agreed with you if i can sell individually ,each unit would worth more . Come on Dazzling, do you have anything to contribute with this topic ? you think is a bad idea, why don’t u talk out and let us share your views ?

Nickelben

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.