Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of smunslowsmunslow
    @smunslow

I have an opportunity to buy a 2 bedroom unit in Bassendean with a large yard from family and so at just under “market price”. This would be a buy and hold and would be negatively geared. I had a look at the stats on the REIWA site and it looks like it has been averaging capital growth of around 14% for the past five years.

Does anyone have any general opinions about Bassendean regarding an area in which to invest?

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Market Price is pretty high at the moment..What price are you paying and what is the intention with the property?

As an area though I’ve always liked Bassendean, nice and close to the river as well as the city and Tonkin Hwy, airport etc

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Bassendean is a good solid suburb and from a growth perspective will do well in the long run.

Derek
    [email protected]
    http://www.pis.theinvestorsclub.com.au
    0409 882 958
    Skype – derekjones2113

Profile photo of smunslowsmunslow
    @smunslow

Thanks for the replies folks.

Redwing – I’ll probably get it for around 200k. I had the idea of keeping it (rented) for at least couple of years and then cash it in. The rate of capital growth in Bassendean would have to drop a fair bit before it became unviable as a negative gearing prospect…

Profile photo of VCBBVCBB
    @vcbb

Bassendean is a good solid area and will always go up, but the river side of Guildford road is the better side for future investment

Brian Bol

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.