All Topics / Help Needed! / What would you do with a views dilemma

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of kdhnkdhn
    @kdhn

Hi guys .
    This may sound like a silly question but what would you do ?
    We have very nice distant views but after living here 6 mths we realise we have zero privacy . Our house is only 20 mtrs of the road edge and it is also set down 1 mtr from the road level .
    So if we put in 1 mtr high scrubs walkers , we have allot , will still just see straight down over them and straight at all of our windows and front yard area which they all seem to take great joy in doing now but we would still have our views and it would help with the cars .
    lt’s not enough to us as we really like our privacy.
    Would you sacrifce privacy for views or to hell with the views – go for filtered views or what ?
    lt’s turning into a really tough call as the longer we live here the more we realise the zero privacy factor .

Thanks for that.
    Cheers.
    Mkc

Profile photo of JarrahJarrah
    @jarrah

Hi there Mkc I’d be happy to consult free of charge to make some recommendations on your issues I am sure we could come up with a better option than “scrubs walkers” or certainly how to get the most out of them with some site prep and i promise you wont have to have any contact with me…We could do it all through a thread…

“ask and you shall recieve”

Sincerely, Jarrah

++CASH FLOW PROPERTY HUNTER
    (your not hunting if your not hungry)

[email protected]
    Climbing & Consulting
    Arboricultural Services
    http://friendlyfarms.org.au/
    “be ye angels?”,
    “nay we are but MEN!”

Profile photo of kdhnkdhn
    @kdhn

A slight missprint on my part as usual .
    “Smaller bushy type plants that help sheild you from road car view , help save some of our views but the walkers can still see over them and into our place from every angle “
    Strangely enough with property mecca’s around here who would often be set up with nice views , l thought some may have had the same proplem . Properties with views often have the views going both ways making the owner a sitting duck . Unfortunately we aren’t property mecca’s but we are sitting ducks .
    Feel free to PM any ideas you might be able to suggest .
    Thanks .

Originally posted by Jarrah:

Hi there Mkc I’d be happy to consult free of charge to make some recommendations on your issues I am sure we could come up with a better option than “scrubs walkers” or certainly how to get the most out of them with some site prep and i promise you wont have to have any contact with me…We could do it all through a thread…

“ask and you shall recieve”

Sincerely, Jarrah

++CASH FLOW PROPERTY HUNTER
    (your not hunting if your not hungry)

[email protected]
    Climbing & Consulting
    Arboricultural Services
    http://friendlyfarms.org.au/
    “be ye angels?”,
    “nay we are but MEN!”

Profile photo of brahmsbrahms
    Participant
    @brahms

One way glass….any one in brissy who has frequented the Regatta will know what i mean, well, the males of the species will at least.

cheers

brahms
    Purveyor of Fine Finances
    aka Mortgage Broker Brisbane

Profile photo of flatoutflatout
    @flatout

Have you considered getting you windows tinted? Also have a talk to you a good window furnishing place. Some products you can see through quite well because of the light coming in the window behind the curtain/blinds, but won’t allow people to see inside from outside. Off course at night when you have the lights on you’d need a block-out option but at least you’d still have your views during the day.

Flatout

@kdhn

Thanks for those.
    Good idea l’ll checkout those windows . We might have it sussed yardwise to .
    Yesterday we came across these big grass plants about 2 mtrs high that sort of thin out on the top . We bought a bunch of them as they are great looking and go with the look we want. The way they thin out would work well so we’re really exited about it all now . Hopefully between the the windows and grass plants dotted through the front it should work out the best of both worlds with abit of luck , if we don’t kill the plants !

Cheers .
    Mkc

Originally posted by flatout:

Have you considered getting you windows tinted? Also have a talk to you a good window furnishing place. Some products you can see through quite well because of the light coming in the window behind the curtain/blinds, but won’t allow people to see inside from outside. Off course at night when you have the lights on you’d need a block-out option but at least you’d still have your views during the day.

Flatout

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Can I just ask:

What is a scubs walkers?

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

@kdhn

Sorry Simon didn’t see your post.
    l just messed up the post .
    You know how so many people are walking for exercise along roadsides these days . We get quite a few on my road and they don’t mind having a good old gawk at everything going on in your place either . We do have some scrub along the front but they can see straight over it and lt becomes a real pain when it’s day after day and ruins your privacy . So we’re trying to block them out to get some privacy but save our views .
    Cheers.

Originally posted by Mortgage Hunter:

Can I just ask:

What is a scubs walkers?

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

not sure waht you can do about the fron yard – but get the fron windows tinted or treated glass placed in – you can see out they can’t see in

I Buy Property http://www.cashflowproperties.co.nz

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.