All Topics / Help Needed! / Diploma of Property

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of Sir BobSir Bob
    @sir-bob

I am wanting to learn more (as are all of us) on the property market and am considering doing the Diploma of Property to further my education in this area. My question is, could this course warp my thinking towards ‘conventional thinking’ rather than what I have learnt through Steves book and this website, is it a waste of time or is it something that could help future investing in the property market?

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

Something like this would more than likely be a lot more geared to working in property, not investing in it.

Usually these things have information sessions/ evenings for prospective students. Go along and have a look and make a decision from there. Let us know how it pans out. [grad]

Hope this helps…FL

Profile photo of Sir BobSir Bob
    @sir-bob

Thanks for the reply Fast Lane, I was thinking that may be the case but was also wondering if knowing how the industry works from the inside would better prepare me for future investments, and if the time spent in the course could be justified.

Profile photo of tamaverytamavery
    @tamavery

Hi Sir Bob

I think that the more you know the better equiped you are to make a decision – ‘Knowledge is Power’ – I have started a MBA (too expensive and time consuming to finish), hold a real estate agents licence and read all I can ranging from McKnight to Jenman and if you learn just one thing from a course it’s something you never knew – I agrre with the previous post check out the info on the course and make your decision then as to if some of it will be of use

T

Profile photo of summer2006summer2006
    @summer2006

If you are really interested in property the more you learn the better. You will be more confident and have a better feel for property. I love property and completed several single subjects in the Bachelor of Property. It was good for me but not about investing. There are loads of books on the market if you want to self teach yourself on investing. There are all differant opinions on which was it best so I suppose you just fall into what is best for you.

@summer2006

Actually how long does the diploma in property go for and where is it held? I wouldn’t mind doing it myself! I have done the real estate agents rep course to. I think it is always good to learn things!

Profile photo of Sir BobSir Bob
    @sir-bob

Summer
    The Diploma of Preperty can be done through OTEN (just search google). It is a do it at home tafe course which is recogised and can be done at your own pace. They have suggested it will take between 6 months to 2 years depending on the amount of time you put into it. It costs just over $1000 per year. ie $2000 if it takes you more than a year to complete.
    This is not a dodgy education program. It is run by TAFE

@summer2006

Thanks for that Sir Bob

Profile photo of giddogiddo
    @giddo

My first reaction would be to cautious (I am naturally cautious anyway).

I reckon that your attitude to investment is as important as your knowledge. Sometimes more info seems to cloud peoples goals and they get analysis paralysis.[crying]

You know yourself best and can decide I am sure.
    As they say knowledge is never a burden; but perspective is very important. Hard to replace a bit of experience, gained gradually.[grad]

Giddo
    http://www.standrewsplace.com.au

“I am not a religious man; but if you are out there somewhere Superman, save me now! -Homer Simpson

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.