All Topics / Help Needed! / Agent needs a reality check – advice needed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of mrsimbamrsimba
    @mrsimba

Can you all let me know what you think of the following situation:

I have found a property that I like. The auction for the property is this Saturday. I have been receiving a lot of pressure from the agent to submit an offer, which I will not as I don’t want to expose my hand, so to speak. Anyhow, I call him yesterday stating I would like to proceed with a building inspection and he says the owner can only allow this at night time ?!? Excuse me??? I told him what building inspector would inspect a property at night. Then he continued and said if you give me a rough indication as to what you will offer, then I’ll see if the owner would allow a building inspection during the day ??? At which point I started laughing, does the owner want to sell the property or not?

From the unprofessional behaviour from the agent, I think it’s fair to assume that they want to settle the property before auction or they haven’t had that much interest and are worried at how the auction will proceed perhaps?

I wont be pushed into disclosing my offer prior to auction, why should I? And I would never purchase without a building inspection. At the end of the day if the property sells prior, so be it.

What would you do in this situation?

Thanks

Mr

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Mr,

You have the upper hand here – the owner only has their property to sell whereas you have other potential properties to buy.

Do not get caught up in the belief that this is the ONLY property for you.

Derek
    [email protected]
    http://www.pis.theinvestorsclub.com.au
    0409 882 958
    Skype – derekjones2113

Profile photo of mrsimbamrsimba
    @mrsimba

Thanks for your response.

The agent has come back saying that they’ll allow us to do a building inspection tomorrow (anyone would think we’re doing them a favour – crazy conduct).

I’ve just had the Section 32 perused by a solicitor and they’ve mentioned a few items that should be crossed off the agreement. I am almost certain the agent would bribe us again into submitting an offer – we’ll take off the clauses if you provide an offer.

I’m very nearly close to telling the agent where to go !

[biggrin]

Profile photo of crushercrusher
    Participant
    @crusher

Mr Simba,

If the agent is desperate for an offer, why don’t you just submit a really low one. You are not revealing your upper limit if you go in really low. In this sort of situation I would do a RP data or property value.com search to find out what the property sold for previously and what it owes the current vendor. This would give you a little bit more knowledge to work with.

Sounds like this agent is playing all the tricks in the book on you. Please keep us updated because I think it would be a great challenge for us forum junkies to come back with some good counter strategies for you to consider.

Like Derek says, be prepared to walk away and then you will have the greater power.

Todd Burns
    http://www.freepropertyhelp.com.au

Profile photo of JarrahJarrah
    @jarrah

mrsimba sounds like you could have a lot of fun here…

Great idea crusher or a complicated/imaginative offer could stump him!

I proposed a doozy last year, would be happy to hand on mrsimba, you could just fill in your own figures!

Try not to take him/her too seriousy, who knows he may have just read one of Steves books and be thinking outside the square or value adding? LMAO[blink]

“ask and you shall recieve”

Sincerely, Jarrah

++CASH FLOW PROPERTY HUNTER
    (your not hunting if your not hungry)

[email protected]
    Climbing & Consulting
    Arboricultural Services

“be ye angels?”,
    “nay we are but MEN!”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.