Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of fbd1fbd1
    @fbd1

Hi there,
    I have a question? What happens if you have never received the first home owners grant?
    Background:
    Married and bought 1st home in married name Smith- no FHOG.
    Divorced & bought land & moved a relocataboe qlder in name of Smith-no FHOG.
    Remarried & bought IP under new married name Burns-no FHOG.
    Want to buy more property of course. But have wised up to how to structure my investments. Would I be able to claim that FHOG even though I have bought property already?[blink]

Profile photo of cbellesinicbellesini
    Participant
    @cbellesini

It will depend on the timing of your purchases. if they were bought post 1/7/00 you will be able claim the FHOG (as long as you qualify under under points). The below extract is taken from http://www.firsthome.gov.au check it out for more information

To qualify for assistance, neither the applicant nor their spouse (or de facto) must have owned a home prior to 1 July 2000, either jointly, separately or with some other person.

Profile photo of fbd1fbd1
    @fbd1

I guess that cuts me out…bought first home in 1992-93 I think? With first husband (before we were married) Had Maiden name & smith on there. Niether of us knew about this grant, so I guess it doesn’t count?

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Grant didn’t exist back when you were a first home buyer.

You are no longer a First Home Buyer so no entitlement.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of fbd1fbd1
    @fbd1

Thanks Simon.
    My brother is wanting to buy his first home. How does he go about getting the FHOG? Does this happen after the purchase of the property or whilst the contract is in place?

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

He can complete the FHOG application and submit it with his loan application in order to have it for settlement.

He can submit it to the OSR after settlement and receive the funds directly himself.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.