All Topics / Value Adding / Development Learner

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of sparky01sparky01
    @sparky01

Hi there everyone, feels good to post again!

I am looking to learn about Development in general and hope to eventually become well versed in this investing technique (in theory and practice). My current knoledge on the subject is nothing but the very very basics.

Get hold of some suitable property, find the best use for it, get approval to develop it, develop it, sell the whole thing or some of it to get some assets for yourself at wholesale price. (I think thats how it goes) [blink]

I need some help in finding the relevent educational material, can anyone out there reccomend anything?

I was also looking at buying an educational DVD Package from a website called Peter Comben’s Smart Property Development

http://www.smartpropertydevelopment.com/checklist.html

its only $550 and seems to be fairly comprehensive (although the description mentions nothing about structuring & insurance). Has anyone attended any of his courses or purchased his material and what do you think of it?

Any recommendations and general shoves in the right direction would be great!

Thanks Guys, Dave [biggrin]

Profile photo of WakeWake
    Participant
    @wake

Hi Dave

I recommend reading “An Intelligent Guide to Australian Property Development” by Ron Forlee, to get an understanding of the various aspects of developing. You can get it from http://www.businessmall.com.au

Also, if you can get your hands on a copy of Martin Ayles Development Checklist, it gives step by step instructions on how to develop a property from start to finish.

Wake

Profile photo of Harley2Harley2
    @harley2

Dave,
    I would agree with Wake, but I would also ferret around in your local library(s).
    You would be surprised what you can find there.
    Your best investment at the start is the time that you put into establishing what it is you want to do.

Harley

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.