All Topics / Help Needed! / Should I invest in Laverton or Kambalda?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of bomandlouisabomandlouisa
    Participant
    @bomandlouisa

Hi
    I have discovered that there are quite a few +CF properties in Laverton and Kambalda (in Western Australia). I do not know much about these areas in terms of investing in them. Does anyone know much about these areas? Should I invest or not?[eh]

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

I would strongly suggest that neither locality is a suitable investment.

If it is cashflow you are after I am surprised you cannot find something closer to your place of residence. While these may not be cashflow positive in the strictest sense of the word they would make much better investments than either Laverton or Kambalda.

Derek
    [email protected]
    http://www.pis.theinvestorsclub.com.au
    0409 882 958
    Skype – derekjones2113

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

You’ve probably increased the interest of a dozen investors for that area by posting though [wink]

I wouldn’t be asking unknown people where you should buy, there are a myriad of ways that you can conduct your due dilligence on these towns via the web-phone calls- and your library..IMHO try and learn as much as possible about the area and its prospects..

Then evaluate the deal as well, then factor in the what ifs..

Just some thoughts anyhow..

Redwing

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of flatoutflatout
    @flatout

bomandlouisa,

Just guessing but I’d say your not from WA and/or have never travelled out to either of these two towns??? If you have, I’d suggest that you wouldn’t even be considering Laverton. Kambalda is better but only due to closer proximity to Kalgoorlie. There has been a lot of talk about Kambalda lately with big boost in mining activity having brought the investors out of the woodwork. Apart from this activity, the place has very little going for it and the only reason people would be buying/living there is for work. So before deciding to invest there, or any other mining town, you need to be very clear in your understanding that your investment success there is intrinsically and unavoidably linked to the mining activity. If there is a downturn in activity you could very well be stuck with a IP that you can’t rent or sell. So do a lot more homework and then weigh up the advantages of +CF IP againt possible downside. Are the returns worth the risk? That is the question you need to resolve.

Flatout

PS: Suggest you search the archives here for Kambalda as I have seen some posts about the place recently. A lot of talking up but I believe still a fairly high vacancy rate in town at present.

Profile photo of smaansmaan
    @smaan

bomandlouisa

was looking at the area of Kambalda about a month ago, but did my due diligence and decided against it even though they may be +cf now, but for future it would be a higher vacancy rate as it is a mining town.
    When i spoke with my mortgage broker he said that being a remote area some lenders wouldn’t even lend or it was a case by case scenario.

smaan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.