All Topics / Help Needed! / Is it necessary to be ruthless?

Viewing 21 post (of 21 total)
  • Profile photo of basilbasil
    Participant
    @basil

Hi there Fernfurn.

I am afraid looking at someone else’s litter doesn’t always reflect the true situation. As a staunch whole & organic food advocate, I know that it is sometimes – no, almost always – cheaper to eat junk food…particularly pizza & coke!!! (YUK!).

And what of the idea that a single parent, with two children, who is possibly at the end of her rope by the end of the day having to do everything on her own then has to make dinner, for one night only breaks the rules and gets take away (I’m not going to judge her just cause it’s not my thing!) – or even worse, her family come over and shout her a meal because they know she’s doing it tough – then gets hammered the next day with assumptions because someone drove past and caught a glimpse of the TOP of her rubbish bin! I’m feeling sorrier for her by the minute.

Having said all of that…I do not really believe I have a better understanding of the situation than anyone else, merely pointing out the fact that sometimes things that seem obvious, are not necessarily the case.

I guess it always comes back to the lease contract that the tennant agreed to, and all of the other factors that come into play.

People on this thread have given some great advice, and what seems to be shining brightly through it all are – the rules are the rules, and treat others well and everyone sleeps better at night.

Whilst the scenario I gave earlier is only a hypothetical one at this stage, I am sure it has happened to at least one of you seasoned IP people.

I will go into landlordship focussing on the positives – ie rewarding good tennants and sticking to the rules for those that abuse my faith in humanity…

After all, without rules we would have anarchy. (Is this a bad thing, and does anybody really know if an anarchic state could truely exist?[mellow])

Basil [biggrin]

Viewing 21 post (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.