All Topics / Help Needed! / Help with Sub-division please!?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of leeleedubleeleedub
    Participant
    @leeleedub

Hi everyone,
    My nana has a 50 acre block in Mount Macedon, VIC.
    As she is getting old she cannot maintain the whole site but doesnt want to leave the farm.
    Therefore my aunty and uncles have tried getting approval to subdivide the bottom half of the block to no avail (council keeps knocking it back).
    Can anyone provide some insight as to maybe why, or if there is any way around this? She really would be happy if she could sell of the bottom half of the property and remain there.
    Something called a Section C21 rings a bell… Anyone please??

Thanks,
    [crying]

“Practise doesn’t make perfect. Perfect practise make perfect”.

Lee

Profile photo of ToolsTools
    Participant
    @tools

I have no idea what a section c21 is,but did they just not ask the council?

Tools

Profile photo of basilbasil
    Participant
    @basil

Hi there leewizza
    I just had a quick look at Mt Macedon Coucil website (http://www.macedon-ranges.vic.gov.au/Page/page.asp?Page_Id=555&h=1) and though I did not look deeply, I think it will probably answer your question as to why your grandmother can not subdivide.
    Let me know if the site was any help.
    I do know that depending on what the land is zoned by council determines whether you can do particular things on that property – ie you can’t turn a residential zoned block into a used car yard etc.
    You can apply for a property to be zoned differently, but I do not know how easy / difficult or time consuming that process would be. I am sure one of the many friendlies on this site would have alot more answers.
    Good luck with your search.
    Basil [biggrin]

Profile photo of ktmaesktmaes
    @ktmaes

Hello,

I am learning to put the quality question theory into practise. It seems to be working even at councils.

For example, I found 10 acres in the Yarra Valley that I would like to subdivide and develop. I initially asked the council the question “can I subdivide this land?” the answer came back quite bluntly “NO”.

I went back later that week with another question “Under what circumstances could I develop/subdivide this land?” the answer was very helpful and interesting. In short the land could be developed if an agricultural element was present on the land. That is if there was a vine yard or market garden. The planner seemed to think that 50+ accommodation would be quite suitable there.

So you may be able to apply the same question to your Nanna’s situation and come up with quite a creative solution.

All the best
    Katrina

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.