All Topics / Help Needed! / Purchasing units help required

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of leebee1leebee1
    @leebee1

[happy3] Hi All

I am new to this site and hope to be an active participant!! I would like to ask if anyone knows the answers to my question.

I am wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a problem purchasing rental units located over a block of shops? If so, what are those risks?

There does not seem to be much against the actual figures on the units I am looking at but being upstairs from shops worries me – can someone alleviate my problem with that or add support for going ahead?

Thanks heaps for any advice in advance

Lee

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Lee,

This type of development will become more common as town and city planners work out ways to maximise the land available within the city limits.

There are examples of these developments working very well in parts of the Gold Coast and also in Subiaco and East Perth.

As a matter of interest I am currently involved as a silent partner in such a development in another part of East Perth. The city planning authorities had no problems giving approval.

The only downside, as I see it, is the need for compatible co-existence. For example 9-5 offices and residents living upstairs should be harmonious whereas you throw a noisy eatery into the equation and just maybe…………………

ooops – had to fix a typo

Derek
    [email protected]
    http://www.pis.theinvestorsclub.com.au
    0409 882 958
    Skype – derekjones2113

Profile photo of JarrahJarrah
    @jarrah

Great thread leebee1!

I would like to hear some thoughts on this subject. PLEASE?

“ask and you shall recieve”

Sincerely, Jarrah

++CASH FLOW PROPERTY HUNTER
    (your not hunting if your not hungry)

[email protected]
    Climbing & Consulting
    Arboricultural Services

“be ye angels?”,
    “nay we are but MEN!”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.