All Topics / Forum Frolic / Poll – Compulsory Photo ID cards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Read a snippet the other day that photo medicare cards are back on the agenda. IS this big brother with back door australia card or is it a good idea given the current world climate?

D&L Property Projects Ltd
    Positive Cashflow NZ Property Deals.Email to receive current deals & Free New Zealand Information Sheet.
    [email protected]

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

If it reduces fraud then I am all for it.

Apparently we are a favoured destination for visits by foriegners to use our medical system for surgical procedures which are unaffordable in a user based system or a less sophisticated medical system. Borrowed Medicare Cards make it a hell of a lot cheaper.

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

I agree with Simon, ever been asked for a 100 point ID, at least with the card you have some chance of carrying it in your wallet and not searching everywhere for passports and birth certificates!

We buy properties in Adelaide. No Agent Fees.
    [email protected]
    INCREASE THE CASH FLOW FROM YOUR INVESTMENT PROPERTIES!
    http://www.renttoownau.com/ http://www.vendorfinanceau.com/

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

I was speaking to a guy today who said Vietnam has ID Cards..what other countries do I wonder?

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

What is the real difference between an ID card and a drivers license?

maybe just that only 98% of the adult population carries one?

(I just guessed that stat [blink])

I carried a workplace issued ID card for years and found it nothing but useful. Was accepted everywhere as ID etc.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek
    Originally posted by Mortgage Hunter:

maybe just that only 98% of the adult population carries one?

(I just guessed that stat [blink])

Hmmmmm – I’ll have to rethink any stats you quote from now on Simon. A bit of checking and balancing may be in order.[bigeyes]

Derek
    [email protected]
    http://www.pis.theinvestorsclub.com.au
    0409 882 958
    Skype – derekjones2113

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

simon – not much difference until you start looking at the requirements or penalties for not carrying it. I worked as a police officer for about 10 years so I can see many areas where it would be beneficial but I also have a bit of a problem with the big brother intrusions that come with these sorts of things.

I’m 50 / 50 on the idea. Documents will get copied and increased security features just means that the black market docs will cost more.

Positive Cashflow NZ Property Deals.Email to receive current deals & Free New Zealand Information Sheet [email protected]

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Participant
    @mortgage-hunter
    Originally posted by DLPP:

simon – not much difference until you start looking at the requirements or penalties for not carrying it. I worked as a police officer for about 10 years so I can see many areas where it would be beneficial but I also have a bit of a problem with the big brother intrusions that come with these sorts of things.

I’m 50 / 50 on the idea. Documents will get copied and increased security features just means that the black market docs will cost more.

Positive Cashflow NZ Property Deals.Email to receive current deals & Free New Zealand Information Sheet [email protected]

Difference? On Christmnas Eve my wife drove some drunks home as she doesn’t drink and they couldn’t get a taxi. Smiled as she got booze bussed with a righteous feeling. Left $75 poorer for not carrying her license – she hadn’t planned to drive but being a good citizen was no excuse apparently!

I find it hard to imagine Australian society insisting that we carry it outside our homes at all times. Maybe it will just be necessary for times when we need ID – travel, banking etc etc

Would certainly make this a lot easier – esp if it was a smart card with medical info, drivers license codes etc etc stored on it. Maybe even use to pay for things with a small change type swipe card. Swipe now for the newspaper, the big mac or the bus ticket. No PIN or keys needed.

I reckon this can be good if it is done right.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.