All Topics / Heads Up! / Investing in new properties

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of ladyqladyq
    @ladyq

I was wondering if anyone had any info on a company called “Property Asset Planning” based in Adelaide. We have been given one of their property investment presentations and it seems a little too good to be true.

Being new to investing we are a little hesitant to jump in right away.

They work on negative gearing and reducing income tax by 50%. We were also led to believe that people who try and do this themselves come unstuck and that it is rather complicated. But not to worry they and their affiliated companies will handle everything for us !!!

We were also asked to pay $250 if we qualified initially to talk to the financial people and the realestate agents.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Profile photo of MagellanMagellan
    @magellan

What qualifications do you need before these gurus will speak to you? From the perspective of an old cynic I would venture to say all you would need to qualify would be $250 to put on the table– I have always been wary of anyone who says only they know the formula– You have a brain, you can read, you have all ready used it to voice your doubts on this Forum- I don’t think you need these Keepers of the Keys- You will get there- I reckon they should be paying You to listen to them LOL–

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Sounds like it is too good to be true.

Keep your $250.

Buy a couple of books.

Ring up a few of the members here that seem to know what they are doing and let them bang on for an hour – trust me they all love to talk about themselves – that’s why they post.

You can do this yourself. Most people can. Problem is most people don’t.

Hell even call me for a strategy in a nutshell – make it after 9pm when the kids are asleep and I will talk your leg off.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

You can buy software like PIA and POSH that will take tax effects into account and give you an after tax cashflow, as well as other info. You’d be better off spending money on something like this.

I’m more than happy to email you a sample report from one of these if you’re interested.;

Regards
    Alistair Perry

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.