All Topics / Help Needed! / Question on returns

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of DudetteDudette
    @dudette

I recently attended Steve’s Masterclass and learned a lot but now after further study and investigation I have SO many more questions. Just wondering those of you that have recently purchased or on the verge could advise what return you are looking for. Is 8% in the current climate too high? We are doing the hard yards at the mo and crunching the numbers but would like to know what others are looking for at the moment. Appreciate anyone’s thoughts. Thanks!!

Profile photo of crushercrusher
    Participant
    @crusher

I find it relatively easy to find a gross return of 8 to 14% from properties with no immediate work required. (Before anyone asks, I am not going to tell you where because the competition on these properties is bad enough as it is). Steve- Stop buying all of Australia !![biggrin]

My point is you might find a CF+ IP but if you do, you have to be ready to act quickly (without being irresponsible in your due diligence).

It is nett return that counts though. What’s the point in getting 14% gross if half of the return is made up of rates, insurances, sinking funds, body corporte fees, repairs ,management fees and vacancies etc ?

Todd Burns
    http://www.freepropertyhelp.com.au

Profile photo of wealthangelwealthangel
    @wealthangel

I know what you mean. I have about 21 property investment books and find that Steve’s books are so packed with information but i also feel a little lost when it comes to finding those cashflow postive properties that everybody says are out there……..
    In saying that i have recently purchased my 4th property and i accidently stumbled across it. It was a property that had been on the market for approx 12 months. I dont know what the return is but all i know is that i get approx $100 per week after expenses from this one property.
    Is that good??? What return is that???[withstupid]

Wealth Angel

Profile photo of DudetteDudette
    @dudette

Wealth Angel, without knowing the financials for your 4th property $100/wk cashflow positive is mighty BRILLIANT! Well done. Sometimes the best deals are one’s you stumble on however I agree with crusher – when you find them you need to act upon them remembering your due diligence.

Thanks guys and girls!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.