All Topics / Help Needed! / Steep block!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of waynel2waynel2
    @waynel2

Hi Guys,

I’m considering making an offer on a block which has fantastic ocean views – though the catch is that it is very steep!

I spoke to the agent and he reckons for $40-50k that you could put up the necessary retaining walls. The asking price is $400+ so it could end up being quite an expensive purchase if I don’t do my calculations right!

Does anyone know who the appropriate person to speak to would be? I guess a structural engineer or something?

The block is located in Perth (Northern Suburbs) so if someone could advise me of anyone they recommend in this area that would be great:)

The block also doesn’t have sewerage, so I would also have to install a septic tank… does anyone know the costs for doing this?

cheers

Wayne

http://www.waynesguide.com

Profile photo of voigtstrvoigtstr
    @voigtstr

re the sewerage, what’s the price for getting it connected?

(sorry I have no clue about what kind of engineer would be required to assess the steep sloping block)

Profile photo of waynel2waynel2
    @waynel2

Hi voigtstr,

Sewerage isn’t available in the area so unfortunately everyone has to set up septic tanks:(

rgds

Wayne

Wayne Leech

http://www.WaynesGuide.com – Accommodation in Western Australia.
    List your holiday home for FREE!

Profile photo of jhopperjhopper
    @jhopper

Hey Wayne,

Where in the Northern Suburbs are we talking? How steep is the block and any idea of what type of ground conditions? I assume its going to partly sand, partly limestone but could be wrong depending on the slope and area.

As for septic, any plans for the area to connect to sewer in the near future?

Personally, I love the sloping blocks and if I can offer any assistance, let me know or PM me.

cheers

Jan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.