All Topics / General Property / STORY BOOK COTTAGES ???

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of turbojasturbojas
    @turbojas

Has anyone used story book cottages, http://www.storybook.com.au . If so what were they like to deal with and were you happy with the outcome?? I have just purchased a block of land 1700sqm , My plan is to build 2 houses on the block after I subdivide it into a 1000sqm block and a 700sqm,. The bigger block will be a new house for me and my wife ,the other a rental property. I am considering using story book any feedback would be great

thanks Jaspar [biggrin][biggrin]

Profile photo of ShellbyShellby
    @shellby

Hi Jaspar,
    my sister & husband used ‘storybook cottages’ for their home and also a friend of ours has used them. They were happy with the outcome, but is more like an owner builder style of company, where you organise your tradies etc to save costs. Both were happy though, apart from some no doubt usual building hassles & holdups. I can say for sure also that having, obviously, seen both their homes, they are lovely and have much character about them. Just do your homework with the company to know all the ins and outs.
    Cheers, Shellby

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

When we were shopping around for a kit home I did consider them but in the end we went with Harkaway Homes that have similar designs.
    http://www.harkawayhomes.com.au

Amanda
    “It is better to be inconspicuously wealthy, than to be ostentatiously poor…”

Profile photo of turbojasturbojas
    @turbojas

Thanks 4 the tips and the link , your info is very appreciated

Thanks
    Jaspar[thumbsup2][thumbsupanim]

Profile photo of Nononsense100Nononsense100
    @nononsense100

Hi All

I would be interested to know how you all got on with the estimates that Storybook provide.  Did anyone have trouble with getting tradies to work for the Storybook rates?

Profile photo of Jillian WalleyJillian Walley
    @jillian-walley

Hi Nononsence,

I have just recently built a beautiful house designed by Storybook. I found Storybook extremley helpful. the whole thing is really an owner builder project with back up.

We were able to get tradies for the rates.

Profile photo of Shez1Shez1
    @shez1

Hello!  I'm sorry to say we had THE WORST experience with Storybook…  Their engineer was unlicensed in our state, our house plans were incorrect for our block, plans were incorrectly wind rated for our area,  they recommended a builder to construct the home for us who was an 'expert' in storybook homes and had worked under their recommendation to other clients on about 18 projects… apparently… but did EVERYTHING WRONG! on our house which resulted in a legal battle and a house that needed over $60K worth of re-engineering and about another $100K repairs to just make sure it didn't fall down.  And what did our Storybook franchise owner offer?? NOTHING!  in fact refused to take our calls, denied their designs were deficient and because they only offer design and material supply, they did not need to be registered with the Building Authority in our state which meant they got off scott free and we ended up losing our house. <moderator: must keep to personal experience so I have deleted some comment> offered NO support, compensation or even seemed to care about their customer.  I would say run!  Run a mile!!  

BIG BUYER BEWARE!!!! 

Profile photo of RissRiss
    Participant
    @rissvv

Bump : has anyone had any recent storybook experiences?

Profile photo of ToniToni
    Participant
    @toniho

Soooooo dodgy! Don’t walk away from a company like this – run! There have been several discussion threads on other sites (with honest reviews from customers who have been lied to, misled, mistreated) that have been shut down, no doubt from pressure from Storybook. They don’t allow reviews on facebook or on their website – it’s obvious why this is the case.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.