All Topics / Finance / Self employed, no deposit – loan?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of mikeCmikeC
    @mikec

So my younger brother has finished his apprenticeship and has been self employed for about six months. He has no debt or rent to pay and earning about $1200 gross per week. Despite this he has very minimal deposit. He wants to buy a PPOR and claim the FHOG but is not sure what sort of finance could help him. He has spoken to a couple of brokers but I dont feel they have taken him seriously because he is only 19. Finance gurus?

Thanks
    Mike

Always Ready.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Mike

Being 19 will have no bearing on his application. However if he is seeking a high LVR (Over 80%) then he will need to demonstrate 2 years income through his Personal Tax returns.

Whilst 100% + loans are available self employed clients are required to produce 2 years worth of figures.

I would suggest that he start a regular savings plan so that when he is a position to purchase he can reduce the amount he needs to borrow and will be able to negotiate a better all round rate and deal.

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker
    **Lodoc Commercial loans from 7.39%**
    Licensed Financial Planner
    Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.