All Topics / Legal & Accounting / What to ask the accountant

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of KaribaKariba
    @kariba

I have just purchased my first investment proprty and and about to go the accountant to see what I have to do ,.Are there any questions I should ask to make sure I am getting the Best deal from them [cowboy2]

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Kariba,

First Question – Do you own investment properties?
    Second Question – I buy a block of land and build and investment property on it – can I claim the interest on the block and also on the loan drawdowns used to pay construction costs?
    Third Question – Is is worth claiming depreciation?
    Fourth Question – What are the benefits and negatives outcomes from claiming depreciation?
    Fifth Question – What service (between tax returns) do you provide?
    Sixth Question – Can I call you if I want to clarify something? How much will it cost?
    Seventh Question – How do you stay abreast of changes in the tax act as they relate to Investment Property?
    Eightth Question – What qualification do you hold?

Derek
    [email protected]
    http://www.pis.theinvestorsclub.com.au
    0409 882 958
    Skype – derekjones2113

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

Thats all great Derek but I’d also add “What can I do to make your job doing my tax return easier ?”
    Record keeping for tax purposes has been covered numerous times on the Forum so do a search or check out the tax office web site for more details.
    PS. You probably should have gone to see your Accountant first though to ensure you;re buying in the correct entity !

Amanda
    “It is better to be inconspicuously wealthy, than to be ostentatiously poor…”

Profile photo of adambcadambc
    Participant
    @adambc

Hi Kariba,

Nothing further to add here – Derek’s and Amanda’s posts are both very relevant.

I just wanted to ask – with a username and avatar like yours, are you an ex-Zimbo/Rhodie? I was born in Umtali/Mutari and came to Oz in 1980!

It’s good to have another one aboard (if you are one!). Regardless, welcome to the forum – I’m sure you’ll find it to be a wealth of information and advice.

Cheers,

Adam

Oasis Finance
    for your Vendor Finance solutions
    Achieve the Dream!
    [email protected]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.