All Topics / Value Adding / what is thee cost of strata titling?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of lukis plukis p
    @lukis-p

Hi,
    We have recently bought a duplex pair on a 1024sqm block in Roebourne in WA. The combined rent is 270 aweek. I am thinking it may be beneficial to stratatitle, so that I could sell them individually down the track.
    My questions are:
    Am i correct in assuming that if I strata’d these I would have council rates etc on both blocks? current rates are over 1k, so would stratta be 1k for each block?[nowords]
    Also what would be the cost of getting them strata titled? The shire Planning boss was most unhelpful.[freak]
    any ideas would be fantastic.
    p.s. the real estate agent said abot 8-10k does this sound right?
    cheers Lukis

Profile photo of brucemarg_2brucemarg_2
    Participant
    @brucemarg_2

I would suggest sending a letter address to the CEO or General Manager of the Shire requesting your required information in a polite manner. Sometimes there may be other reasons for unhelpful Council planning staff such as workload. It is easier for planning staff to prioritise workloads if requests are written rather than just coming to the front office counter of the shire or ringing them without notice.
    Our local Council fee would be about $250 for the application and $50 for advertiing the proposal in the local paper.
    Another tact is to gothrough the local surveying company who does local subdivisions. You will have to eventually get such a company to draw the plans up anyway. They have all the experience with dealing with municipal planners and know what is required and how to get results far more efficiently.

Profile photo of lukis plukis p
    @lukis-p

that is helpful brucemarg. I will look into it, I have thouhgt some more on it and will probably only strata title before selling.
    on the other hand …A good way to create some equity I spose.[gossip]. will have to think some more on this 1.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.