Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of tammekandtammekand
    @tammekand

Has anyone invested in Tasmania? Tassie seems to get left out a bit when it comes to a lot of Australian discussions. I am travelling here at the moment and there seems to be quite a bit of near CF+ properties, but I’m just not sure about the long term Capital Gains aspect.

Appreciate anyones advice.

Thanks
    Renee

Profile photo of brucemarg_2brucemarg_2
    Participant
    @brucemarg_2

Don’t be scared of the apple isle. I initially was very scepticle of investing in Tas due to the shrinking population. But the deals we got gave me another view of the opportunities.

And now the population is rising as old Taswegians held back to retire to their old haunts. That is moving the prices upward.

CF+ area we noted was Ravenswood in Launceston due to it being a housing commission estate. Just check for burnout marks and oil stains on the road to give an indication of the immediate neighbourhood! I think Ravenswood is worth an investigation and baseline to start with.

There was also a property on the water near Burnie for $250k, just a bit too much for us and certainly not CF+ but seawatered land is very tempting compared to NSW, QLD and VIC.

I reckon ring the local agents and ask them if they are property managers and what do they need. How many properties have they got under management and how many vacant. Then get them to send their lastest properties for sale listing/brochure before heading down.

Profile photo of matt_hoopermatt_hooper
    @matt_hooper

Hi tammekand,

I am from Tasmania and things here look pretty good rents are up and as i recently moved to Hobart from Devonport Renting a place is HARD to do as every open home for rent there was 30-40 people walking through.
    Ive also just got a job in RE in Tassie and there are some good properties around for a good price in the Hobart area I would prob stay out of Sandy Bay area and the middle of Hobart but surronding suberbs are great such as Glenorchy, Claremont, Kingston etc.

Waterfront property in burnie isnt that Fantastic its not the cleanest water as burnie is Very Industrial but plenty of cheap houses all over with good rents aswell!!

all the best

matt Hooper

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.