All Topics / Help Needed! / Answers to “Where to Find CF+ Deals”

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 530 total)
  • Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Nenal, it would come pretty close to being neutral – ie Purchase = $105+6k costs, Loan = $81k: approx $7k interest, Body Corp $3k (council $????) vs rent $9k. Loss would be about $20pw, less with a really good interest rate or a little more capital.

Profile photo of NenalNenal
    @nenal

thanks Scott – obviously I need to become a redhead

Profile photo of Rainmaker2000Rainmaker2000
    @rainmaker2000

Hi all.

I'm a baby of the Ipswich boom few years ago……..are people still finding little nuggets of cf+ gold in the regional centres…..surely the mining boom has washed some of the gloss off as well?

http://therainmaker.net.au
    Small Stock Investing

Profile photo of jonathan murrelljonathan murrell
    @jonathan-murrell

Hey,  i live in the Phillipines and just checking the apartment buildings near my own I'v found several potential positive cashflow opprutunites…    ( i just finsihed readings steves books, so i haven't made any deals yet, but finding so many opprutunites right around my area was an encrouaging start.. i guess if their aren't any in Australia because of where the market is right now, you might try finding some oversea's. ..  

Profile photo of rlomenrlomen
    @rlomen

I think this discussion is very interesting, my 2 cents is;

-there are plenty of investors out there these days and re.com etc are flooded with more experienced and inexperienced people looking for the deals, as others have stated a freebie +ive CF property wont pop up and if it does it will be gone in literally minutes.
    -as others have said +ive CF properties can be created from just about anything, alternatively consider that in good location prices will double in 10yrs maybe sooner i.e. rental yield should also depending upon economic conditions, so if you did nothing with the property it will still become +ive CF but this will be an opportunity cost as you could have value added somehow, and moved onto your next property.
    -too many people want an easy path and thats why they read books like steves as it looks like a get rich quick scheme, the truth is as many know that its not and it takes a lot of work. When you find something that works well for you repeat it and continually improve on your strategy.
    -the best thing to do is make a start and from there the education begins.
    -as i am sure many of you know, great things dont come from doing things the same as other, Warren Buffet once said "you know its time to consider your investing when you are getting tips from the local bellhop", the same great man buys when the market is doom and gloom and is conservative when the market is going well.

-our real estate market at the moment is doom and gloom =0) apparently

Profile photo of llosisllosis
    Participant
    @llosis

Now is a great time to buy. With the rise in interest rates there are plenty of bargains out there. I am restructuring my finances to buy very soon (I hope).

Yes riomen there are stacks on people on realestate.com.au but there are also THOUSANDS of houses out there and digging around will reveal PLENTY with cash flow positive potential. Yes, they are mainly in regional areas but there are plenty of reasons why strong & vibrant regional areas make great places to invest.

Guys, cash flow positive properties are all over the country it just depends on 1) what your budget is 2) where you want to buy 3) if you know what you are looking for.

Profile photo of Shady1Shady1
    @shady1
    llosis wrote:
    ……. digging around will reveal PLENTY with cash flow positive potential. …..Guys, cash flow positive properties are all over the country it just depends on 1) what your budget is 2) where you want to buy 3) if you know what you are looking for.

Ok I'll bite! Where abouts are they?

I've read thru this whole thread and since it was started back in 2003 most of the info is a bit out dated but I dare say the principles are still the same.
    I've been looking for CF+ IP but where to start? Trolling thru RE.com.au and Domain.com.au and there are just too many properties for sale in too many locations around Australia.
    Rather than try and find a needle in a haystack, I thought it best to pick a couple of regions or towns and just stick to them. I'm in no hurry to buy so biding my time until the right property comes along is fine.

So….How should I go about picking a few areas to look at? I don't have a budget as such, but would like to start small..<$200k.

I live in Sydney and doubt I can find anything that would come close to CF+ in that price range so any state would be fine.
    The 3 areas I have been looking at is NE TAS ( Launceston/Davenport/Burnie), N QLD coast and Adelaide +surrounding areas.
    Am I on the right track with these areas? I still think this is too large an area to find my 'needle' so I would like to narrow it down further. What criteria should I have for an area? or what criteria do you have for picking an area to invest? and where do I find the information to base my decision?

I have no problem with renovating a property to increase rent, in fact I'd probably prefer it.
    I don't mind commercial property but I think it's a bit too much to start off with $ wise.

Hope thats not too many questions.
    Cheers

Profile photo of Jeff JohnsonJeff Johnson
    @jeff-johnson
    Profile photo of Shady1Shady1
    @shady1

Thanks Jeff, I found that thread but am still none the wiser.
    There's some good info you posted on Ingham other than that there's no real hints on ow to pick an area or what to look for.
    I posted in that thread regarding interpreting RP Data.

Thanks again

Profile photo of RYEDGERYEDGE
    @ryedge

TRY THESE !!

For the last few years I have been invested in the towns of Karratha, Port Hedland & South Hedland, which are all located in the Pilbara (Northwest WA).

These regional towns are currently being driven by massive mining and infrastructure projects that show no sign of slowing and in fact have further expansion plans for the next 5-10 years.  The housing supply in these towns is so short that they have been posting annual growth rates of between 40-50% Per annum with 10%+ rental returns available at point of purchase.  Some of the properties that I purchased 18 months ago are now returning as high as 20%PA.

Regional resource towns may not be for everyone, but they certainly seem to be outperforming the rest of the nation at the moment!!

Profile photo of newbi2newbi2
    @newbi2

ditto, except I add the lower bowen basin in QLD. Deffinitely +ve cashflow from day 1 with potential to improve with a cosmetic reno. Prices have not yet reached those of the upper Bowen basin and rents are onthe increase as the new mine goes ahead

Mick

Profile photo of poornorthernfarmerpoornorthernfarmer
    @poornorthernfarmer

supersarafu, I am about to embark on the same journey.  How would you feel about sharing ideas?

Profile photo of gattagagattaga
    @gattaga

hello all what do you think about this site http://www.cashflowcapital.com.au/.it

Profile photo of Don69Don69
    @don69

Hi all,
    Just ead a few of the past posts and the one about investing in Karratha etc. is spot on as I have one of my properties up there and I get 1 months loan payed off per week.
     The deals are out there just remember to rub the budda's belly before you go looking.
    CHEERS

Profile photo of AAZAAZ
    Participant
    @aaz

We ourselves never looked for cash flow positive properties. We started out by seeing how we could add value to a property so we could increase the cash flow and create our own equity.

We began with renovations but now concentrate on real estate development because we found the financial gains were far greater.

However with larger profits there are usually bigger risks involved. If you know what you’re doing and seek professional advice, Real Estate Development can be a fantastic opportunity to increase your cash flow and fast track your wealth creation.

Some of the benefits of real estate development for us included:

-the potentially bigger profits allowed us to build a larger property portfolio a whole lot quicker

-by acquiring our properties at wholesale we saved on costs like stamp duty, legal fees, agents commissions and advertising

-we had more flexibility because we had the option to either hold stock as long-term investments or the ability to sell for quick profits if we chose to

-we could create our own capital growth and not have to rely on property cycles, in fact, with care, property downturns and flat markets created some of our best opportunities

-we would receive higher rental yields because we acquired property at wholesale prices

-we had the ability to borrow and leverage more because of the higher valuation of our portfolio

-as an added bonus we could receive some amazing depreciation and tax benefits from owning new property; and

Adrian and Amber
    http://www.RealEstateDevelopmentClub.com

Profile photo of wayneclaytonwayneclayton
    @wayneclayton
    leewizza wrote:
    It's about time someone said it. Well done! I too believe it is impossible to find these CF +ve properties. Not one so called mentor or even guru investor seems to be able to tell us newbies how to do it without maing no sense. All I want is for someone to write a book or hold a seminar which isn't about purely motivational talk and 1980's investing strategies. CF +ve is something only achieved with 50% (exaggerated) deposit or with millions to invest on a development. If these gurus were so good at it and had sooooo much wealth, why the hell are they charging drug money to listen to them hype you up? And why are they even doing it? They surely couldnt be short of cash… If anyone can answer the common forum topic of how do I start without beating around the bush I would be happy to hear it. I'm super keen to learn all about the world of investing and have done nothing but read books, listen to successful people and browse these forums for months and months on end. I haven't found a positive CF property and I've been looking for a good solid 6 months. Sorry to sound so negative but like the last post, I am just frustrated that all I want to do is learn and noone is willing to give the answers. Not even if you pay for their books! If someone can prove us wrong then please do, we'd love to share the facts not the theoretical preachings pulled out of outdated books. Thx, Lee

hi leewizza,
     i have read the books and done the research and listened to lots of agents telling me that its not possible either.

i have just bought 3 units in albury, a 3 bed house in lavington and also about to purchase a 3 bed in frankston which are all positive cash flow, and after all costs etc are paying at least $50 each a week.

they are out there, you just gotta see them, be creative change your way of thinking and they will appear. i've done all of this research via the realestate .com website. so its not that hard….. u have to think outside the box.
    the units i bought were being marketed individually at $155k each, they were all on 1 title and the owner was about to strata them, i asked what he'd take if i bought the lot pre -strata?. $400k thge agent said… i bought them  for $378,500 , and he sold me the strata plans and all the tax depreciation schedules (he'd completely reno'd them 2 years earlier) for $2000 (they cost him $8000 and 12months timeframe for strata)he gave me the receipt.
     they are all rented for $535 pw.

so it can be done, this latest deal, the owner is selling and wants to rent back the house for 5+ years at approx $100 over the normal rental for the area, and do all the maintenance as well.!! bring it on…

so u just have to do your research with a finer toothed comb..

good luck.

wayne

Profile photo of jenna343jenna343
    @jenna343

getting a finer toothed comb huh?? that's one way to do it. it's hard but when you find what you're looking for, it will be worth all the trouble!

@wayneclayton

hi all forumites,

i have been doiing lots of reseach in the frankston area and know the place pretty good now after checking it out for the last 4months and many a trip pre-eastlink and now joyfully post eastlink. if there are any of you that are looking to invest but are time poor or can't get there then i would be happy to get some of your details and send you some good deals with a spotters fee which can be negotiated as agreed. also if any of you are looking for j.v partners to invest in the area will be interested in any offers as well.

p.m me for more info??

i am also a fully qualified carpenter and fairly experienced investor.

thankyou and look forward to any comments( good or bad) i have thick skin.

wayne (yorkie)

@wayneclayton
    supersarafu wrote:
    Hello,

I'm extremely new to property investing (just getting to the end of reading books and starting to research locations).

I'm looking primarily for cashflow +ve deals in Melbourne's North – North/West suburbs. Could really, really use some advice from anyone who is currently investing in this area or who has previously explored this option.

… A little short on mentors in my friendship group (though many inexperienced people keep trying to tell me what to do!)

Any help greatly appreciated.

PS. Will happily buy a beer for anyone willing to share success stories relating to our chosen area!

Sarah :)

hi sarah, i got the terry ryder hotspotting a few montha ago and he's saying epping, if u want to email me [email protected]    i will send the report to you.  don'tr worry about the beer, coffees good. also if you want to pick my brains or possible j.vs we can chat. 

thanks and keep researching.
    wayne

Profile photo of Michael 888Michael 888
    Participant
    @michael-888

Hey Yorkie,

outstanding stuff, especially the Albury units. I figure 7.3 % yield before expenses and not having allowed for whatever depreciation you've got to write off.

Did you need to put any cash into the deal (not equity from other properties) and if so what was the LVR (if you don't mind sharing) to bring it to positive territory, and at what interest rates.

Thanks for sharing your purchases. Wouldn't mind talking with you about Frankston.

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 530 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.