All Topics / Help Needed! / newbie needs help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of doogdoog
    @doog

Hi,
    We own a house in Brooklyn (vic) the house sits on a block of 780m2, lots of people round here have suddivided. So we thought we would have a go!
    Can anyone tell us, are we better off selling the house and land together with plans and permitts?
    Or is it poss to sell the land of seperatly?
    (we don’t want to build)
    Any info would be great, as we are new to all this.

Cheers.

Profile photo of MITMIT
    Participant
    @millionaire-in-training

Hi Doog

Can I suggest your first port of call should be your local council. They will most likely have a “development plan” which sets out things like building specs, land sizes, driveway needs, easements etc. It would then be worth checking out the potential sale prices of land only in your area, don’t forget to compare appropriately sized blocks. Also the local Real Estate Agents might help out with a potential sale price.

Once you have gathered all this info, it may raise more questions about the viability etc, then you are in a position to make an informed choice.

Another question you might ponder is this. Is your reason for not building because you are concerned about the disruption in your home. If so you might think about selling both the subdivided bit and your home, cause once it is sold if you haven’t built on it someone else will and they will creat a lot of disturbance in the meantime.

Hope this helps and good luck

Sue

MIT | Owen Real Estate
    Email Me

Profile photo of doogdoog
    @doog

Thanks for the info, and yes i think we will sell both. But can we sell the land separate to the house, and if so is there any drawbacks in doing so.

Cheers.

@doog

Just to add a bit more info….We seem to have the required driveway width, and a six foot easment runs along the back fence. We could maybe get permision for two t/h’s on the back.
    So IF i sold the two back sub blocks for round 70k each and the existing (now renorvated) house for bout 260k neting aprox 400k. [biggrin]

But if i sold alltogether seems the return would be bout low threes [blush2] [hmm]

Am i missing somthing here?
    cheers, doog.

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Hi Doog,

To sell the land seperately you still need to get a town planning permit. What you can do with the block will be strongly dependent on the skill of your designer, I would suggest you find yourself an architect or draftsperson who is experienced in mediaum density housing and get them to give you some advice. It is a waste of time to speak with the local council if you don’t have a concept to show them. If you would like a referal to a designer, I have a number I could recommend to you, just send me an email at [email protected] and i will send you a couple of options.

Regards
    Alistair Perry

@doog
    Originally posted by APerry:

Hi Doog,

To sell the land seperately you still need to get a town planning permit. What you can do with the block will be strongly dependent on the skill of your designer, I would suggest you find yourself an architect or draftsperson who is experienced in mediaum density housing and get them to give you some advice. It is a waste of time to speak with the local council if you don’t have a concept to show them. If you would like a referal to a designer, I have a number I could recommend to you, just send me an email at [email protected] and i will send you a couple of options.

Regards
    Alistair Perry

Thanks for that Alister….Email on the way to you sir.

@doog

Could anyone tell me how i can find info on sold properties in the Brooklyn area please.

Cheers, doog.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.