All Topics / Help Needed! / Central Coast NSW – Would you invest there?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of pipelinebuilderpipelinebuilder
    @pipelinebuilder

Hello,

Recently ive been looking at property on the central coast, gosford, erina, terrigal, tuggerah and a little more north, it appears to me that it maybe a good option for commuters for sydney instead of say penrith or campbelltown, all take at least an hour to get any where in sydney, prices are still good and low.

Has any one looked at this market or invested there?

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

was buying ettalong beach 2 years ago not sure what is happening now. When I down there last multiplex had finished that resort thing and there was still plenty of “noise” about the ferry to circular key from ettalong. yields were 3% or something ridiculous. Any locals on the forum?

D&L Property Projects Ltd
    Sourcing Quality Investments in New Zealand.Email to receive current deals & New Zealand Information Sheet.
    [email protected]

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of Benny MBenny M
    Participant
    @benny-m

Hey,

Im from the Central Coast and am about to buy a property in the next few months in the East Gosford Area. There are some bargains around, especially for those who dont mind doing a bit of reno work. Erina is a really good location and has rapidly grown however it has become a bit expensive in recent times. The same goes for Terrigal and other beachside suburbs (e.g. Avoca and Copacabana). I believe suburbs near the freeway have good potential (as you said its handy for commuters to Sydney) and theres been a bit of development along the freeway up north (e.g Warnavale, Blue Haven etc) but I prefer areas like East Gosford (and even the older, cheaper parts of Erina) as it is central to everthing including the beaches and the freeway. Gosford looks as though it may be changing for the better also. I think the Central Coast market may be down at the moment so it may be a good time to start sourcing potential properties. Id be interested in hearing any other opinions.

Cheers,
    Ben

Profile photo of Pro-ActivePro-Active
    @pro-active

The dangling carrot of the fast ferry to Ettalong from Sydney may well never eventuate, from what I’ve been told by agent colleagues. Even if it does go ahead, because of the weather and current conditions, it will be limited to only going at certain times and so won’t be able to be consistently relied upon.
    Ettalong is a nice place (been there recently and stayed at Outrigger) but still away from the freeway and main infrastructure.

I like the CC for a short break, but long term cg is difficult to pinpoint.

Cheers,
    Jacque
    http://www.housesearchaustralia.com.au
    Totally Independent Buyers Agents- Sydney

http://www.invested.com.au Australia’s premier Investor Education site

Participant
    @don

That’s what i always thought about the idea when I caught the small ferry across to palm beach for a coffee. I don’t think it would be viable unless it stopped at palm beach first to pick up that crowd and then went on to the quay from there.

Trouble is that those things are so slow at docking that the added pick up would make it the same time frame as the train which is 40 mins to hornsby (not really sydney – sorry hornsby) and hour 1 and 10 to central. Although a ferry would probably be a bit more comfortable than the train.

My train used to be the 4.17am to central from woy woy station. Not sure if the stll run that one. It was fpacked to the rafters with construction workers, nurses, cops and everyone else you could think of making there way to the city to earn a quid.

Nigtwork train was the same time in ie 4.17pm ish but on the way home at 6am you got to sit next to people who had missed the last night train back to the coast and had been out all night. Saw some funny sights including a few romances that i’m sure were desitined to last not much further than my stop.

The travel was a serious bore but living 300m from the beach was fantastic. I often think about that place and I’m glad we kept out home there.

For undervalued water viewa check out orange grove (not really a suburb just as few streets all with the same aspect across brisbane water) You can buy a decent home with views for 500 to 750k which is not really that bad when you think about it.

cheers

Sourcing Quality Investments in New Zealand.Email to receive current deals & New Zealand Information Sheet.
    [email protected]

Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Participant
    @don
    I like the CC for a short break, but long term cg is difficult to pinpoint.

that’s crazy talk jacque

[email protected]

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi pipelinebuilder
    I have two duplex’s on one block and another two on another in harrington waters further north and an option on a motel that will soon be a 7 townhouse construction site looking at sand.
    and yes the market is moving this area has 60% over 55’s and is growing.
    the adamstown, williamstown area is also an area to keep a lazy eye on ( got a couple of irons in that market also nothing finalised so no info on it)

here to help
    If you want to get involved in some of the projects I’m involved in email to [email protected]

Participant
    @don

anyone know if the ferry plan has grown legs yet.

Sourcing Positive Cashflow Investment Property http://www.cashflowproperties.co.nz/properties-5.html
    Experienced spotters wanted Napier & Rotorua!!

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of julsjuls
    @juls

Hi DLPP

The ferry hasn’t grown too much of anything & not sure it will. The Ettalong suburb has gone up in value though & with the new club that has been open for awhile now does quite well with the tourists & locals.
    Still value on the Central Coast alot of Sydneysiders have moved up here in recent years, our biggest issue is our water supply!! with such a big growth in population. Lived here 20yrs+ love the place but like everywhere you have to do your due dilligence if looking to invest.

Juls

Profile photo of DanielCumminsDanielCummins
    @danielcummins
    Originally posted by grossrealisation:

hi pipelinebuilder
    I have two duplex’s on one block and another two on another in harrington waters further north and an option on a motel that will soon be a 7 townhouse construction site looking at sand.
    and yes the market is moving this area has 60% over 55’s and is growing.
    the adamstown, williamstown area is also an area to keep a lazy eye on ( got a couple of irons in that market also nothing finalised so no info on it)

here to help
    If you want to get involved in some of the projects I’m involved in email to [email protected]

Haha… I’ve been holidaying in Harrington for the last 10 years… As mentioned, grossly elderly retired population, with defined holiday seasons each year… Plenty of run down weatherboard places in town (not Harrington Waters). Not sure what general economic growth is like though? Seems to be slowly building now that the Waters estate and the shopping centre aree taking roots?

Participant
    @don

hi Juls,

I always thought the plan did not make sense unless they secheduled a stop at home and away bay on the other side of the barenjoey. Probably alot of far northern beaches people could jump on there – would be alot quicker than driving from say newport into the city. What’s wrong with the water – are we running out?

Sourcing Positive Cashflow Investment Property http://www.cashflowproperties.co.nz/properties-5.html

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of julsjuls
    @juls

Hi DLPP

Yes the dams are Very low & we are on tight water restrictions. My husband & I put in a 5200 ltr water tank 18mths ago & while to recoup our money will take along time I feel we are doing our bit. In the last week in Syd we could have filled ten or more of them, unfortunately the dams don’t seem to get as much in the catchment areas. I know alot of Australia is suffering with the drought conditions, we all have to abit more careful with such a valueable resource.

Juls

Participant
    @don

good on you juls. would you believe that even here in southland they are having water and power problems. not enough water in the dams to power the hydro. heaps of gas but apparently that is more expensive to pass on the consumers as household power. the water up the rd in queenstown might be the best I have come across. :)

Email Me | Phone Me

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.