All Topics / General Property / Selling house only(removal)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of trackatracka
    @tracka

Hi people, just a couple of quick qtns.

My PPOR has become to small for us so its time for an upgrade. problem is that ive spent a bit of $$ on renovating it over the past 3 years. (about $30k).

The outside is nothing special, but inside is nice.

Now, i’m considering selling the house only and somebody can take it away. its the type of house already up on piers so its easier to remove.

How would you guys go about advertising it/finding a buyer ? it would be a perfect rental(was previously) for somebody who buys a cheap bit of land and just moves the house over and rent it out.

House is 6.7m long by 11.6m wide(also has a garage that would be easy to move onto a new slab and thats 7.2m by 6m.

Located in the Fairfield area in Sydney.

Any tips ??

P.S Ide buy a block and shift it myself then rent out but we already have a IP loan and borrowing another $250k to build so will be at our borrowing capacity.

Profile photo of ShwingShwing
    Participant
    @shwing

http://www.tradingpost.com.au is a pretty popular site for advertising houses for removal.

Mal

Getting out of your comfort zone, can help you become comfortable

Profile photo of safeashousessafeashouses
    @safeashouses

You could try the house removal companies, although they will give a wholesale price because they have to made a quid. They may offer only $5000-$10000. Normally, the houses can be moved up to 100km for the same price, so you might get someone interested who is out of Sydney.
    You may be able to find somewhere that people want an older house on big acres, such as Windsor, or somewhere else out of Sydney?
    Or, if you can find cheap land, you have a free house to move,! ;go into a joint venture with someone who can supply finance and split the profit!
    Advertise in renovators, or owner/builder magazines?

safe as

Profile photo of ozsparky200319117ozsparky200319117
    @ozsparky200319117

People sometimes list houses for removal under the Real Estate section on Ebay there isa brick one on there at the moment for $50,000. Why not give that a go?

Sparky

Profile photo of trackatracka
    @tracka

thanks for the tips :)

I’ll look into the things mentioned. :)

and to the person that PM’d me, ill give you a call

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.