All Topics / Help Needed! / Advice pls – How to get deal over the line

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of alexpkalexpk
    Participant
    @alexpk

Hi all

I seem to be encountering a shortfall of about $25,000 to $35,000 when comparing the selling price to the rental rates when searching for properties. When I look at the going rents for the area in general, the rents are kind of low in my opinion.

Any advice as to how I can work things to push it over the line, so to speak. This is to get it to be closer to or into positive cashflow.

Looking for first investment property so I am lost and getting more feel of things.

Thanks everyone! [cap]

rgds

Answers come from the courage to ask

Profile photo of giddogiddo
    @giddo

I know JUST how you feel ! [blink]

No matter how much you look; the return always falls short of the cost of holding the property! I reckon there are too many investors satisfied with 3-4% gross return.

On the other hand,I suppose if it were close to neutral as we all want, there would be heaps of people looking for them!

I have just bought a house showing 5.1% return but I can and will develop the property to eventually get me maybe 8%.
    (See my thread on Adding Value Forum)

This is the only way I can see to get ahead of the game. Also quite safe. I am scared of my poor ability with shares – I have a poor record.(I bought Telstra2!!)

Best of luck I can sympathise… [cowboy2]

Giddo
    http://www.standrewsplace.com.au

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

Profile photo of mapleleafmapleleaf
    @mapleleaf

I think the trend of advice you will see is to add value, to find something that is scarce, to buy a porblem propety and fix it up…It takes a creative mind to invest at the moment and you need to start looking for reasonably priced properties that you can upgrade to make the rental return higher.

We have held off from buying until the right property comes along that will provide cash flow +ve returns, it takes patience and thinking outside the square!

Good luck

Achieve the Dream!

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Hi Alexpk,

Can i ask what state you are in and whether you are looking in regional or city areas?

Regards

Don

D&L Property Projects Ltd
    Sourcing Quality Investments in New Zealand.Email to receive current deals & New Zealand Information Sheet.
    [email protected]

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of Luke TaylorLuke Taylor
    Participant
    @world-changer

Hello Alex,
    Have you considered Commercial property?
    It is actually not as scarey as you may think.
    You just need a little more cash to start, as the loan ratio is usually at best 25-30% deposit down

We’ve got 70 yrs on planet earth,Lets make the most of every day!

Luke Taylor | Hope Property Investing
    http://hopepropertyinvesting.com
    Email Me

Property Support,Strategist and Buyers Agent

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.