All Topics / Help Needed! / First Sydney then Melb, Bris/NZ now Perth. Next?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of Carl.AlexanderCarl.Alexander
    Participant
    @carl.alexander

As we all know the WA property market is booming at unbeliable standards. But this will nto happen forever so i’m just interested in what you people think will be the next place to invest in…..I’m hearing Sydney???

Profile photo of bob the workerbob the worker
    Participant
    @bob-the-worker

Yep, the cycle is just about complete. Even bush hovels are down to 5% rental yields.

Sydney is the next place to invest for the next cycle. Ideal time is in about 2012. Can’t wait!

Check out this chart.

http://forum.globalhousepricecrash.com/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=4

Pretty obvious to me.

Good luck.

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation

… and NSW prices appear to have passed their low point and are on the up again! See attached graph:
    Linked Here
    Oh, no they’re not. The rate of price falls is just starting to accelerate!
    Cheers, F.[cowboy2]

Profile photo of hbhb
    @hb

look melbourne is booming
    just an example
    buxton RE sold a place 18 months ago $520k
    back on the market expect $540k
    wow thats a gain over 18 months of 20k

lets not tell them about the odd $40k in cost to buy
    the $20K in costs to sell
    and the costs of interest to hold it for 18 months

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

Tassie you fools tassie!!!!!!

Well east coast anyway, with little or no reporting and lots of new jobs happening down there its a hidden sector of the market few even think about. House pricing there……we bought a 3 bedder for $116,500 in Oct last year, val came in at $125k. Last week a house 2 streets away that looked identical sold for $145k wooohooo!!

Rent for that is $170/wk too, not your perfect ratio but with the cap potential it still looks good to me.

DD[thumbsupanim]

Buyers Agent (Dip Financial Services(FP)
    Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Profile photo of hbhb
    @hb

nice one dd
    tassie’s a lovely spot

but just doing some quick calc’s on your gems, looks like selling today at $145k would make you about $15k after all costs..
    (if at val $125k you loss -$4k)
    if instead had you got some bhp shares today you would have made 40k
    then you could have bought maybe 2 IPs

all to do with timing

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Hi carl.alexander,

At a macro level WHERE is very very important.

At the moment I am sifting through deals in my old stomping ground. Speculators will jump out as quickly as they jumped in. We all know that property is a long term gig so getting out quickly is not always profitable.

Once the multitudes move out of the way there is again room to do business, have proper conversations and buy well – this will happen no matter what city or country you are in.

Try looking for excess development stock in your local area and then compare it to the price of established housing. Keep watching these ratio’s and it will be a big help for you in determining how much fat is in your market.

Regards,

Don

D&L Property Projects Ltd
    Sourcing Quality Investments in New Zealand.Email to receive current deals & New Zealand Information Sheet.
    [email protected]

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

I hate people who mention how great BHP shares have done in relation to owning property.

About 5-7 yrs ago BT Funds used to have a resources managed fund. They closed it down and started a TIME fund ie.technology fund.

The resources fund was closed – no interest in the resources sector and obiviously the gurus at BT did not predict much of a future for our resouces sector. And now look at the TIME fund. Another dog.

So dont compare owning BHP shares to owning property. Why not look at Telstra eh

Profile photo of WylieWylie
    @wylie

I agree with yack.

My parents have invested in blue chip shares that have turned into dogs. Their houses may have dropped a wee bit but that drop is just a tiny slice of the HUGE increase that went before it.

Like shares, they only lose if they sell. They lost $26K in on day on shares. After several years they got back $8K (from memory) after the company was taken over by someone else. It didn’t put them off shares though, but most of their wealth is in property. It did put them off the licenced financial adviser who investigated and told them all was well about two days before the fall, after they questioned some rumours in the wind.

I am not against shares, but I have been burnt by shares, never by property.

Wylie

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation
    Originally posted by yack:

So dont compare owning BHP shares to owning property. Why not look at Telstra eh

Ok, sure… ~8% dividend yield… vs residential real estate…
    ~4% Canberra
    <4% Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane, Melbourne
    <3% Sydney
    [blink]
    I guess it’s all about how you look at it!
    Cheers, F.[cowboy2]

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny
    if instead had you got some bhp shares today you would have made 40k – then you could have bought maybe 2 IPs

This is of course assuming that the same deposit could be leveraged to purchase that same value in shares as the property.

e.g. If the property was purchased at 90% lend, this would mean a $12k deposit (+ costs of maybe $8k with LMI inc.). Would you be able to buy $116k of shares with a $20k down payment? If not, then the amount of $40k profit might be somewhat over-stated, yes?

But I agree that resources certainly have the sun shining on them ATM,

Benny

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.