All Topics / Value Adding / Strata VS Green title

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of grant7grant7
    @grant7

Hi All,
    I have a house on a triplex block. I want to split of the house and have the remaining duplex land separate.
    I live in WA.
    I was wondering wether to put the front house on strata title or green title. I understand whats involved for strata title but can anyone explain the difference between putting the front house on green title or strata title? Or where I could find this info. I need the details such as services required / lot size / special requirements / applications etc..

Thanks muchly..

Grant

Profile photo of michaelfranzmichaelfranz
    @michaelfranz

Hi there,

I also live in WA and called up the joondalup council for strata title vs green title issues. so the best bet is the council to determine the rules.

Profile photo of wcostellowcostello
    @wcostello

Hey Grant,how you doing.
    With regard to the subdivision, i would recommend you got to these websites and do some preliminary research.

1. http://www.stirling.wa.gov.au/planning/informationSheets
    (Click on the Residential Subdivision PDF)

2. http://www.wapc.wa.gov.au/Publications/214.aspx

Basically, unless you have already built, individually strata titles blocks of 5 or less, approval is required by the WA Planing Commission.

“In answer to your question about green title here is some information that is hopefully helpful to you.
    Both green title and survey strata subdivision allow for the creation of vacant blocks whereas strata subdivision may only be used to subdivide land that has existing buildings or structures. Also, a strata title covers land that is shared by owners of adjoining strata titles (such as a common driveway).
    In terms of vacant land, the primary difference between a green title subdivision and a survey strata subdivision is the nature of the titles created – green title allows the creation of individual land titles for each lot, while survey strata creates individual land parcels on one title (eg. units or villas).
    It is important to note that the WAPC will assess these applications the same and therefore must comply with Local Government requirements and any other relevant planning policies (eg. Residential Design Codes).”

I am in the process of doing a construction at the moment for a client of mine, who has two separate green titled blocks, 3 builds on each block.

Kind regards [specool]

Wayne Costello
    MORTGAGE MIRACLES
    LIVINGSTON MARKETPLACE
    SHOP E/28 100 RANFORD ROAD
    CANNING VALE WA 6155

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.