All Topics / Value Adding / bedroom noise reduction

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of luckyinvestorluckyinvestor
    @luckyinvestor

Hello there

One of the bedroom in my home facing a major road is noisy when cars passing by.

The walls are quite solid, but I believe the noise travels through windows …

Can any one recommend me builders or trades people who can resolve noise problems

I live in Perth
    thanks [exhappy]

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi luckyinvestor
    you will find its the windows not the walls that the noise comes thru
    a product called rockwall is the go.
    its used to sound proof sound studios I have it in the floro of the second storey addition with timber floors and no noise transfer about twice the price of pink batts

here to help
    If you want to get involved in some of the projects I’m involved in email to [email protected]

Profile photo of luckyinvestorluckyinvestor
    @luckyinvestor

thanks
    but where can i find this rockwall? is there a company that produces and installs for clients ?

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Your windows are the weakest barrier to noise coming into your home.

Adding Double Glazing to your existing window will reduce the noise pollution entering your home.

By increasing the air gap between the panel and your existing window you can reduce outside noise by up to 70%.

The air-tight seal should stop noise from seeping through your windows and into your home,Combine this with a 100 mm air gap to help stop the vibration caused with noise!

This will also add to the insulation of the house as well,In a typical insulated house 40% of the energy loss is through your windows.

I believe some comapnies use acrylic panels instead of glass for thier windows. Acrylic stops the transfer of heat six (6) times better than glass. This means that you stay warmer in winter and cooler in summer and spend less money throughout the year on your energy bills.

Have you tried Balcatta Glass or Similar?

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of ToolsTools
    Participant
    @tools

Rockwool is manufactured by csr.Look up insulation in the yellow pages.Itis a very common product.

Tools

Profile photo of hbhb
    @hb

Sorry grossrealisation but your wrong…you’ll probably get about 10Db attenuation from rockwall and you have to get it into the walls.
    Redwings right…..
    windows and any air vents that are in the room.
    There are two types of noise transfer through
    partitions, airborne transfer, and structureborne
    transfer. Both may need to be considered in order
    to achieve the desired result.

double glazing will do wonders…plus blocking of air vents…
    the only problem is that you then don’t have any air in the room

more details if your interested
    http://203.20.208.23/brochures/orders/PDF/acousticsel.pdf

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.