All Topics / Help Needed! / landlord insurance does not cover asbestos

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of ttmanttman
    @ttman

My existing landlord insurance policy expires soon. It has an exclusion clause not covering legal liability arising out of anything to do with asbestos. I checked the landlord policy with aami, gio, racv etc, they all have the same exclusion. If this is not covered, then what’s the point of having landlord insurance at all. Does anyone know a insurance company covers asbestos claims, or if there are insurance brokers in this forum that can help.

Profile photo of marsdenmarsden
    @marsden

The usual ‘tenants’ insurance covers loss of rent, tenants damage and the usual fire insurance on the building etc. I do not feel a great need to have protection from asbestos that may be lurking in a building I own somewhere. Even fibro houses are not going to rear up and zap some unsuspecting tenant with an asbestos problem.
    As I understand it, you would have to be negligent in the handling of asbestos in order for someone to have a successful claim against you.

Profile photo of ttmanttman
    @ttman

thanks Marsden. I don’t know about other people, but I am not comfortable if there is a chance that I may be sued and lost everything I work hard for. Do most people have an attitude of ‘mate, she’ll be right ‘ ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.