All Topics / General Property / Marketing prop for sale in Western NSW

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of delysedelyse
    @delyse

Hi, can anyone give advice on marketing my renovated house in Western NSW for sale? I bought the house 12 months ago to do a reno job on and will complete it by next spring this year – around Nov. There are three real estate agents in the town and none of them are particularly inspiring, to say the least. Is it possible to get an agent from Sydney to advertise it, do you know, or will they shake their heads and say “Too far away!” Any other thoughts? Has anybody tried to sell a house in a country town in an unusual way which got results? Thought of advertising it myself but wondering whether it is cost effective, really, to do this.
    Cheers Del [blink]

Profile photo of marsdenmarsden
    @marsden

Don’t write off the value of the local agents. Even small towns generate their own buyers and the locals may be the easiest to sell to! If I wanted to buy in a certain area I would check with the local agents first. The internet makes it a very small world and all agents would have some sort of internet link.
    When selling in the country I have always put a collection of photos on a web page to support any ‘out-of-town’ advertising. An ad with the web address in a Sydney paper will generate a lot of ‘hits’ but you better have somthing good in order to motivate buyers to take the next step and drive out to see the property.
    We have an agent in one town who checks with me about the properties I have in that town if they appear to be what a current ‘buyer’ is interested in. They seem to have an unofficial list of buyers and sellers that they can pull out of the woodwork when necessary. In fact, many houses seem to change hands without any signs of them being on the market.

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

For the last NSW regional property I sold, I used a buyer’s agent. The deal went out to their data base and the sale was pretty quick. Best thing was the buyer pays the commission, not the seller. No advertising costs, either.
    Scott

Tax Depreciation Schedules
    Australia wide service
    1300 660033
    [email protected]
    http://www.depreciator.com.au

Profile photo of MagellanMagellan
    @magellan

Hi depreciator, If I may ask – How did you secure the Buyers’ Agent to what I will call, list, your property? Did you approach a number of Buyers’ Agents to see if they were interested in your property or did the B. A. approach you after seeing your ad in press or on Net or did your agent give it to the B. A. ? Thanks in advance. I, too am interested in opening up as many avenues for selling as my daughters jointly own a house in inner west, Sydney and the time has come for them to each buy their own individual house as they have ,since buying , acquired a spouse each and I expect that will ,before too long, mean children added so they will each require larger houses. Cheers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.