Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Bought a house today and sitting across from the agent my mind started to wander mid way through his close. I had already done extensive DD. I really was trying my best to stay interested.

I could see that this guy had a top pocket full of lotto tickets.

As investors do we still play lotto? Do we really have faith in achieving our goals or are we secretely waiting for a random windfall to secure our financial futures.

Regards,

Don

D&L Property Projects Ltd
    Sourcing Quality Investments in New Zealand.Email to receive current deals & New Zealand Information Sheet.
    [email protected]

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of ShwingShwing
    Participant
    @shwing

Don,

I haven’t played lotto myself in about 10 – 12 years. I figure if I can afford $10-20 a weeks that some people put on ( I’ve even see people hand over $50-80 a week, which horrifies me), that I can buy a CF- property to that value per week.

My wife now puts in a couple of dollars into a group syndicate at work, and it’s just a bit if fun for them, they won about $150 which means they don’t have to put in for a couple of months.

A guy I work with, very much an investor, still puts his lotto in, has been doing it for years. He recently had a 60+k windfall, it paid for his reno’s that he did a couple of months earlier.

It’s not about achieving goals through lotto, just a bit of fun and for some a small outlay that can reap considerable returns. But you are right there are some that see a potential windfall as their way out. They will likely never be a successful investor, unless they hand it over to someone else to manage for them.

Mal

Getting out of your comfort zone, can help you become comfortable

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

Nothing annoys me more than people who complain about their personal situation and then say “When I win Lotto you won’t see me for dust !!”
    What are the odds of winning ? I see no harm in the odd ticket as its nice to dream, but I don’t rely on it and haven’t had a ticket in years. That reminds me, my lucky numbers are 5 and 24. Perhaps just one ticket wouldn’t hurt !!

Amanda
    “It is better to be inconspicuously wealthy, than to be ostentatiously poor…”

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

There is the social aspect especially in a small workplace – it would be hard not to waste / spend on consumables when the gain is so easily made.

regards,

Don

D&L Property Projects Ltd
    Sourcing Quality Investments in New Zealand.Email to receive current deals & New Zealand Information Sheet.
    [email protected]

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.