All Topics / Help Needed! / Please help

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of mgrmgr
    @mgr

Hi All,

Before you all laugh at my second question can i just check some figures i pulled from the ABS web site they claim the average weekly take home pay season adjusted private/public sector combined is $1067 per week.
    Does this sound right to other members i have friends who moan constantly they cannot afford rent in Outer Melbourne as it takes up most of there pay these are in both private and public sector so i am wondering if i am misreading the figures ? any help.

Here is the stupid question our first development is nearly completed and has already been let the other 2 homes are delayed and now are not excpected to finish until the end of july.
    I thought no problem i will just rent an apartment in Geelong have found a 2 bed rght on the bay, Gues what i can’t rent it as i have no rental history in Oz so i thought okay an apartment in the CBD again no go away you need a rental history, i offered to pay the entire period in advance they still didn’t want to know.

Apart from putting a tent on my building site what can i do please help.

Profile photo of mummum
    @mum

Hi MGR

Re your second question first, have you tried providing references from renting overseas, and/or references from your employment or other people of good community standing?

Re your first question, the ABS quotes average income, not median. In this instance, average is much higher than median as it is skewed by the very high incomes paid to CEOs etc. I’m not sure where you could get median income.

BTW, what is the average rent in outer Melbourne? Take home pay for someone on $30K is about $500/week. Take out living expenses of $203 for single person (figure from lender’s table) and that leaves about $300 for rent and savings. Might be tight for a couple with single income ($297/week for living expenses – FTB & parenting covers living expenses from lenders table for children of low income families) as that would leave approximately $200 for rent and savings.

Margaret

Profile photo of ShwingShwing
    Participant
    @shwing

Have you tried black mail for future business.
    You say you are doing a development, so you you may just need a property manager. Sus out an agents property management fees and conditions for your soon to be completed development. O’h and by the way I’m also looking at somewhere to rent for 6 months what have you go available ??
    If they knock you back , say that they are obviously not the type of agent you are looking for, for your properties, as they quite obviously will knock back a potentially good tenant because of no local rental history.

Mal

Getting out of your comfort zone, can help you become comfortable

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.