All Topics / Help Needed! / Parking Spaces To Buy?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of shebasheba
    @sheba

Hi, I’m doing research on purchasing parking spaces. Does anyone know where I can look into specifics on how I can go about purchasing a space?

Where can I get details?

Thanks.

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

For research I’d go to the council and also car park space owners.

For purchasing, I’d go to either car park space owners directly or REA’s acting as a go between for the car park space owners.

Profile photo of shebasheba
    @sheba
    Originally posted by Dazzling:

For research I’d go to the council and also car park space owners.

For purchasing, I’d go to either car park space owners directly or REA’s acting as a go between for the car park space owners.

thank you so much for reply your a gem!

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Check out finance issues before you proceed to much further – you may find that this is a significant hurdle to overcome.

Not sure about this but it would be worth a quick phone call first.

Derek
    [email protected]
    http://www.pis.theinvestorsclub.com.au
    0409 882 958

Profile photo of SweetSweet
    @sweet

Only yesterday I was on realestate.com.au and I saw a few car parks for sale in Melbourne

Reasonable price I thought but like you I don’t know that much about car parks and as they say “life without knowledge is death in disguise”

Profile photo of Property WAProperty WA
    @property-wa

Hi Sheba,

I work in Fremantle WA and I know car parks are as rare as hens teeth. I’ve been thinking about the same type of investment myself.

Things are so tight over this way the council actually allow our secretary to issue parking infringements for people taking up our bays.

And one of the major positives is that car bays are usually paid for by the company – so you don’t get the ‘tenant’ issues you might with normal PI. when collecting rent.

If there’s a carbay or area your interested in specifically it might even be worth just contacting the surrounding business as they would surely know who they are paying.

Would love to hear how you get on. Goodluck!

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi sheba
    if you are looking at cbd sydney they are a reasonable investment I have one on william st in sydney and the return is a modest 7% which is not bad as the growth last year is 19% and the city council is not building anymore car parks for the next 5 years and with the single units in the cbd with no car park spaces the rental is moving fast at the moment mine is on a 12 month lease and paid monthly from a company straight into an account.
    the up keep is minimal and body corp is minimal.
    I think its relatively a cheap investment I think you can get one for around the 85k in sydney mine was 50k plus legals etc.
    also car spaces are sold as a single item try to get a double space for the price of a single there are a few around but hard to find if you can get one you can get two smart cars on the one car space.
    that a little inside information and don’t let anyone else now.
    to give you an idea of the shortage of car spaces in cbd the council is looking at allowing smart car drivers split the cost of metering so you can get two smart cars in the one space bondi is looking at the same.
    they are only a little investment in the big investing world but I’m holding mine for some time yet.

here to help
    If you want to get involved in some of the projects I’m involved in email to [email protected]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.