All Topics / Overseas Deals / Strata title in New Zealand

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of alatettalatett
    Participant
    @alatett

Hi All,

Does anyone have experience in strata titling properties in NZ?
    I’m looking at an opportunity at the moment where I have 3 dwellings on the one title, and I’d like to understand the process involved in converting these to strata/unit titles so they could be sold separately, how long this is likely to take, etc. Any war stories, success stories, pitfalls to avoid, advice etc appreciated… (specific to NZ please!)

Simon
    [withstupid]

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Hi there…
    ballpark….takes about 3-6 months depending on how busy the surveyers are. In some towns you can’t even get them to start for about 3 months. They do the stuff and then it gets presented to council. A lot of hurry up and wait.! There are also legals involved. Total price – depends on the size of block, council’s requirements, and some of these you won’t know until your surveyer goes through his or her process. There are legals involved too. Best guess is to call a surveyer and get a ballpark quote – as if this includes council fees. do the same with a lawyer and add the two together to get your ballpark pricing and time-frame.

cheers!-
    Barb

NZ Bird Dogs – Great deals in NZ, Integrity Guaranteed!

http://www.nzpropertytogo.com/birddogs.html

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.