All Topics / Help Needed! / Need furnishing ideas to get maximum rent.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of Rexilla99Rexilla99
    @rexilla99

Have recently brought a 3 bedroom unit in Brisbane (waiting for settlement), Would like to furnish it for executive tenants. Some other apartment in the same complex have already got $600 rent pw with 4 star furnishes. I was wondering if there is a website or stores where I can buy furniture that looks like a million dollars but on a budget.Or “how to ” furnish your apartment for maximum effect.

Budget 20 grand on furnishings.

Also if you have ideas or advice please post it as I am eager to learn.

Profile photo of fernfurnfernfurn
    @fernfurn

I would look into the cost of renting furniture. I’m sure you could claim this on tax. From what I’ve seen of executive rentals they are here for a year or two with a company and then move on and this furniture returned has some breakages/wear/tear on furnished apartments, particularly if they have kids. Renting would keep the furniture looking good and up to the minute fashion all the time. However, if you want to buy, expensive plush carpet and heavy window furnishings set the pace and will lend elan to cheaper furniture. Decide what style you like from the other expensive apartments and then keep it all the way through. Go for dark colour furniture and a tone on tone (not contrasts) colour scheme

Fern

Profile photo of pyramidpyramid
    Participant
    @pyramid

I have heard about the following strategy but have not yet done it myself.
    Charge a slightly higher rent but the tenant gets to keep the furniture if he/she signs a 3 year lease and pays rent on time everytime.

Cheers
    Pyramid

Profile photo of adambcadambc
    Participant
    @adambc

Rexilla99,

No ideas of my own, but have you asked the PM of the complex? Perhaps if other owners in the complex have furnished their places, the PM might know how they did it and have some tips for you???

Best of luck!

Adam

Don’t let life get in the way of living.

Profile photo of Rexilla99Rexilla99
    @rexilla99
    Originally posted by adambc:

Rexilla99,

No ideas of my own, but have you asked the PM of the complex? Perhaps if other owners in the complex have furnished their places, the PM might know how they did it and have some tips for you???

Best of luck!

Adam

Don’t let life get in the way of living.

Thanks for the reply, I havent ask yet but I sure will. In the mean time if there are websites with pics on furnishing ideas that member can post links up.

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Ring some of the furniture stores in the area that sell furniture in your intended price range and ask if they have a home decorator service.

You may find these stores will send suitably qualified people around and make some suggestions for you that suit your property, your budget and also the likely tenants. It is something we do for purchasing members in other cities – makes investing from a distance easier and less stressful.

Derek
    [email protected]
    http://www.pis.theinvestorsclub.com.au
    0409 882 958

Profile photo of Mama2MiaMama2Mia
    Participant
    @mama2mia

Ebay has always beeen really good to us!

Kim Anand
    [email protected]

“Money Can’t Buy you Happiness but it Does Bring you a More Pleasant Form of Misery”

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

You could try going to look at display homes and stores like freedom that have got great ideas on what is modern and then you can look for a similar item at a price point that works for you.

I do like the renting furniture idea too.

Good luck

The DIY Dog Wash
    Like a laundromat for dogs, without the spin cycle!
    http://www.DIYDogWash.com.au
    TAKING PRE-REGISTRATIONS NOW!

Profile photo of SweetSweet
    @sweet

yeh id go and have a look at this four star place and get some inside ideas, or just go to gainsville they got some great furnishings

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.