All Topics / Site Problems / Feedback / Is the online shop safe?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of onemindonemind
    @onemind

Hi,

I would like to buy a couple of books from this site but have never purchased anything with my credit card over the net before. Just wondering if anyone here has had a problem with the online shop or did they find it safe and fast?

Thanks

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

yep bought stuff before, no problems!

cant comment on the type of security codes etc they use though. [blush2]

might have to ask someone with a bit more computer knowledge about that one

We buy properties in Adelaide. No Agent Fees.
    [email protected]
    INCREASE THE CASH FLOW FROM YOUR INVESTMENT PROPERTIES!
    http://www.renttoownau.com/ http://www.vendorfinanceau.com/

Profile photo of tom1000000tom1000000
    Participant
    @tom1000000

Hello,

Why don’t you ask if ATMs are safe?

Someone could stand behind you with a gun and steal all your money.

An ATM could have “problems” and forget to dispense all your money.

I’m sure you use an ATM despite these risks…..

Profile photo of MITMIT
    Participant
    @millionaire-in-training

Just about everything I have bought from Propertyinvesting .com I have done so via the online shop or phone using cr card Had no problems.
    If you are concerned give the office a ring and ask them about their security

MIT | Owen Real Estate
    Email Me

Profile photo of onemindonemind
    @onemind

Was just checking..

Buying now, cheers

Profile photo of jjaausjjaaus
    @jjaaus

I have never had a problem and the stuff arrives in just days not weeks which is great [cap]

Jeff Aquilina

Need a holiday? http://www.coralsearesort.com email me [email protected] 20% DISCOUNT for PropertyInvesting.com members

Profile photo of jjaausjjaaus
    @jjaaus

hey tom – pretty harsh reply man…?

Jeff Aquilina

Need a holiday? http://www.coralsearesort.com email me [email protected] 20% DISCOUNT for PropertyInvesting.com members

Profile photo of nazzysmithnazzysmith
    @nazzysmith

Same here, have bought several items from here over the net on credit card no dramas whatsoever….

-Thomas

“More Time To Snowboard”

Profile photo of adambcadambc
    Participant
    @adambc

Onemind,

Yep I’ve also bought stuff from the online shop – no problems. “Friendly self service” as they say!

Tom – what you say is certainly true – interesting way of putting it. I do agree with jjaaus though – try to be patient and gentle with us! As the internet becomes more and more widespread, more and more people will be using it and they will all have the same initial concerns that we all have had.

I don’t understand how secure payments work, but I guess I’ve just put my faith in the system – so far so good! If someone is able to explain how it all works, and what the risks are of compromise, I’d certainly be interested…

Regards,

Adam

Don’t let life get in the way of living.

Profile photo of adambcadambc
    Participant
    @adambc

I also have to admit that every time I use an ATM after hours (ie when banks aren’t open) I do always wonder what I would do if the money just didn’t come out! I have no idea! Any suggestions? Fortunately this has never yet happened to me!

Adam

Don’t let life get in the way of living.

Profile photo of stargazerstargazer
    Participant
    @stargazer

Hi all

Have bought from forum and no problems. There is always a risk with this sort of thing but generally speaking its pretty secure.

Make sure there is a lock at the bottom re encryption.

Probably more risk at an ATM. Always look around you and see what cars and occupants are nearby or people standing near and if you feel uncomfortable with the set up go to another one.

Was rung up on my mobile one sunday morning at around 300am it was my bank asking if i had just made a phone call costing me $300 on my credit card. I said no i had not and they told me it was an unusual item for me so there security alert indicators lit up.

I was refunded the money into my credit card after signing a sworn statement.

What you do not do is do not fill in any details via a link that are asked by email “Urgent notice your account willl be closed” bla bla. This could be from what you think is your bank same logos etc.

Cheers
    SG

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways Beer in one hand – Pizza in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO!”

Profile photo of onemindonemind
    @onemind

Thanks for the advice :)

The books arrived today, i’ll see if i can get a million dollar portfolio by this time next year :D

Profile photo of alicamalicam
    Participant
    @alicam

Hi onemind and others,

Great question and it deserves to be asked from any site you transact with.

This site follows internet best practice to the letter.

All key information of yours is stored in a secure database and things like your password are encrypted, so even someone looking at the database directly can’t work it out.

When you purchase something your credit card details are passed to the intermediary agency (between this site and the bank itself) and never stored here. This means even if someone could steal the database behind this site, they would never get to your private credit card details… because they’re not here!

The “intermediary agency” is one of Australia’s leading online transaction services with all the bells and whistles you’d expect in terms of security.

Finally, as has been pointed out, the checkout and payment pages are encrypted (the lock on the bottom of your browser signifies this), which is the same level of security your bank applies. What this means is that if someone could work out how to capture the information travelling from your computer to this website (and back again) as you sent your credit card and other details across, it would be unintelligible gobbledy-gook that only CIA/NSA computers could do anything with (maybe!).

The clearest proof of the (typical) security level of purchasing online is the fact that the serious breaches of security over the last few years have been over in the US where humans have got into the big central credit bureau computers and manually stolen files and such… in other words the hackers are focussed elsewhere.

Hope that helps a little. I certainly buy online all the time. I make sure the supplier is reputable and/or traceable back to a person/street address/etc, and take other basic measures like that to protect myself.

– alicam

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.