All Topics / Help Needed! / using a shed as part of the boundary fence

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of meakmeak
    @meak

Hello there, hoping someone can offer advice to the following:

A neighbour adjoining my block of flats has put in an application to build a shed in the rear of their yard, but building the back of the shed on the boundary, therefore eliminating the need for a fence in that area….the current boundary fence is a crappy old fibro one that I would like replaced, but they are only going to pull down the section where the proposed shed will be…

Has anyone had any experience with sheds being used as boundary fences before, or can anyone think of any reasons why I should object to this proposal? This is my first property so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, meak.

Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

Hiya Meak

Do you know the dimensions of this shed?

Will it block your view?

Is neighbour intending on securing the remaining boundary fence so it doesn’t fall over? Or is she prepared to to go halves with replacing the crappy fibro fence with something that will blend in with this new shed?

Cheers

Jenny1

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4

Hi meak,

all I have come accross is that the roof of the shed MUST tilt into the owners yard (ie: that is the rain water will run into their yard NOT yours!).

Once you’ve got no objections – visual obstructions, etc and you are happy to go along with the neighbour and the council approves it, I guess you could approach them to change out the rest of the fibro fence.

To be difficult, you could say to the Shire/ Town council that youy don’t object as long as the fibro fence is upgraded at the same time! You are liable for half the cost – so keep this in mind!

Hope that helps.

Cheers
    C@34

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is to always try something one more time.
    – Thomas Edison

Don’t let reality be the benchmark for your Dreams

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.