All Topics / Forum Frolic / What makes you happy?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

In a D & M mood tonight and thinking (glass of red does this to me) life is busy and has so many demands on your time it is a real juggle at working at relationships both with family/friends, going to work etc.

Don’t get me wrong I love my life, just thinking how lovely it is at the end of the day, all in bed and a few stolen moments for yourself in the quietness of the night….Before I go to bed to wind me up and do the same tomorrow![medieval]

Just curious to what makes you happy?

Jenny1

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

That’s pretty easy to answer – playing and mucking around with the kids.

Every morning for the past 4 days we’ve been playing pool chasey. No-one has slipped and cracked their head yet, and we always have a marvellous time, it’s great to see all the girls gaining strength and co-ordination, with that fire in the eye determination that will serve them well later in life.

We also play heaps on the trampoline, and throwing balls to one another.

Having scruffs on the bed. 3 girls vs Dad…..what a classic !!!

Sweeping out dusty warehouses……geez….that just slipped in there…sorry about that.

The wife walking in like she did today when I was growling at one of our fibreglass boat builder tenants and say “I love having you home in here in Perth….so you can do all of the yukky property jobs and I don’t have to deal with truck drivers and welders.”

I’m also starting to enjoy cleaning up other people’s mess….preferably stuff that has been laying around for 20 or so years……whoops…that also slipped in and shouldn’t be in there.

Did you get the email, or is the vision a bit blurry tonight after the glasses of red ??

Cheers Jen.

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

great post Jen,

spending time with my kids doing anything they want to do!

We buy properties in Adelaide. No Agent Fees.
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

Thank you Dazzling and Dr X

The joy and the happiness children bring, it is funny how contagious their laughing is and how easily you can revert to their level!

Was chasing one of the 4yr old twins on the beach and they stopped and said look behind you and when I looked the other way he ran in the opposite direction laughing so much (made it easier for me to catch at least) he fell over, I played along with this game for another 4 times (before I got sick of it).

What is it with boys, if I wanted to do something quiet they wouldn’t sit still for 5 mins, get them to watch a fish being gutted (they love blood and guts) and they will be still for at least 20 mins transfixed.
    Not my cup of tea but they loved it.

Yep it is the litlle things in life that makes me happy [biggrin]

Yes Dazzling I did get your email and I didn’t read it until the fog had cleared this morning [blush2]

Jenny1

Profile photo of meakmeak
    @meak

Hi Jenny,

Sitting here with a glass of white feeling similar to what you did last night, except I’m not sure what’s going to make me happy. I’m sick of moving around towns, being a stay at home mum, and not enjoying life the way I could be. Sometimes I think a bit more money would help, other times I think the only thing that counts is your love of family and friends and having time to grow a strong relationship and bond with them. I think the haze of alcohol has made me sound more down than I really am, but sometimes I feel that getting ahead, saving and going into debt for the right reasons is hard work and maybe I should just lash out on that credit card and have a good time like so many others seem to do. Is their anyone else out their that feels like this is sometimes a long, hard road? Sorry if this post sounds depressing, I’m in a down mood tonight! [glum2]

Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

Hi Meak

A white wine girl eh? I like a white wine too [biggrin]

Reflection is not a bad thing (with or without wine) sometimes we need to look back to see were we have been to realise all of our achievements as it is all the little things that make a difference in our lives.

Dazzling travels away alot and when home just relishes every last minute he spends with all his girls before he leaves again and that is beautiful.

Your a stay at home mum and get to be with your kids daily, how fantastic is that to be able to play such a big part in their daily lives…not alot of people can do that now a days. This is a huge job and challenging too!

Don’t envy others, they are the ones that would envy you for no other reason than to be with their kids…

I have known people on double figure incomes that have all the mod cons (all on credit) and nothing to show for it in the bank on the other hand I have know single parents and couples like yourself who only have one income that are doing ok and they have saved and are streets ahead down the track than people with the higher incomes.

We all get into ruts from time to time (normal) the way out of a rut is to do something different and take initiative…let me know what you intend to do. PM me if you like.

Take care..not too many wines tonight your mouth will feel like the floor in the cocky’s cage in the am [biggrin]

Jenny1

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

What makes me happy…..my husband (he comes first of course !!), children and family, good health, long life, integrity, compassion, honesty and getting that winning property deal over the line !!

Amanda
    “It is better to be inconspicuously wealthy, than to be ostentatiously poor…”

Profile photo of landt64landt64
    Participant
    @landt64

When my little girl comes in and says ‘I love you mum’. Sitting having my make-up done by a 5 year old, and then being told I’m really really beautiful.
    Or when I catch my wee girl tell my wee boy that mum knows everything.
    Or my 8 year old boy cuddling me longer than he normally likes, now that he’s 8.
    Hearing them giggling and laughing.
    Realising that you have a wonderful family, and no amount of money could change that.
    That’s what makes me happy.
    Landt

Profile photo of ponyfireponyfire
    @ponyfire

Hi Ladies and Gents
    Hope I don’t ‘wierd’ you out here?!
    I believe happiness, love and peace come from within, not from external sources.
    I believe true happiness is achieved when we do not let our emotions and thoughts ‘run us’. Then we become free of expectations and constraints and ‘bingo’ life is happy all the time!!
    Love You All
    Ponyfire

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

For me happyness is nothing of anything else apart from a personality who I’m with that makes me happy.

Interested in Joint Venture Reno Projects

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.