All Topics / Heads Up! / Feedback on Investors Club

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Profile photo of ollieeolliee
    @olliee

Hi Guys,
    Has anyone had any dealings, Good or Bad with the Investors Club?? I’m looking at attending some of their meetings and would like to get some feedback on them first.

Thanks.[party]

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

Yep,

Just went to one on Monday night at the East Perth Railway Station. A reasonably good night for free.

I’ve changed my opinion of this club somewhat of late. (See earlier associated threads for my previous views).

Don’t be under any illusion, money is being made on all fronts.

But it ain’t a big conspiracy – very ordinary folk doing some good things. You certainly don’t require feedback before attending. Just turn up, sit down and open the ears up.

The only teensy little criticism I have is that they all flog new ressy stuff – due to the fundamental mechanism of the “club”. This is directly counter to my investment strategy….but then – who cares – good to be amongst people chatting about wealth / equity / deals etc.

Best thing is there isn’t a suit in sight, and the refreshments are very average indeed, which is what I like. The other enjoyable thing is watching the newbies panic and try and work out what the scam is and where they are getting ripped off. Rest assured, it isn’t a scam and you won’t be ripped off.

Profile photo of ollieeolliee
    @olliee

Thanks for the reply. Good to always get some feedback.

Cheers

Profile photo of mikeCmikeC
    @mikec

Hey ollie

Attended the ‘Introduction’ and ‘Advanced’ meetings at the train station at the start of last year too. Being a kid myself I did learn a lot, but more importantly for me I saw that everyday people CAN make a lot of money from property. It motivated me to learn more and start taking action. Worth while for that if nothing else!

MikeC

Always Ready.

Profile photo of mikeCmikeC
    @mikec

Forgot to mention, if you do go to the E Perth meeting (I see you’re in WA too) and youre not familiar with the area (like me) go earlier than you planned. I had no idea where to park or how to find the meeting!!

MikeC

Always Ready.

@olliee

Thanks MikeC for the heads up[strum]

Profile photo of andyperry16andyperry16
    Participant
    @andyperry16

hi all,
    where can i find out more about this club? where, when, how often?

Profile photo of nmlhejanmlheja
    @nmlheja
    @olliee

Well went to my first meeting with them last night, and have to say I was quietly impressed. [specs]

Profile photo of PudestconPudestcon
    @pudestcon

G’day Olliee,

Keep going to meetings of the Investors Club. I’ve been to many of them and I’m still learning stuff.
    Dazzling,
    Glad to hear your feedback on the club as I value your opinion. I have now purchased 2 properties through the club and could not be happier. Make no mistake tho’, ‘The Club’ is a business and people make money from selling to you. Talk to a branch manager or a support member after the meeting and ask how the commissions work and you will get a truthful answer. If you want further info then please PM me or talk to Derek from this forum who I notice is a Support Member for The Investors Club. FYI I am not a Support Member and I do not receive anything from the club except good ongoing service.

Cheers,

Pud

@pudestcon
    Originally posted by Dazzling:

Yep,

Just went to one on Monday night at the East Perth Railway Station. A reasonably good night for free.

I’ve changed my opinion of this club somewhat of late. (See earlier associated threads for my previous views).

Don’t be under any illusion, money is being made on all fronts.

But it ain’t a big conspiracy – very ordinary folk doing some good things. You certainly don’t require feedback before attending. Just turn up, sit down and open the ears up.

The only teensy little criticism I have is that they all flog new ressy stuff – due to the fundamental mechanism of the “club”. This is directly counter to my investment strategy….but then – who cares – good to be amongst people chatting about wealth / equity / deals etc.

Best thing is there isn’t a suit in sight, and the refreshments are very average indeed, which is what I like. The other enjoyable thing is watching the newbies panic and try and work out what the scam is and where they are getting ripped off. Rest assured, it isn’t a scam and you won’t be ripped off.

Dazzling,
    Was that you that asked about commercial property at the meeting?
    Pud

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

Och aye it twas me laddy, I must confess !!!! Sometimes I have this urge in property investor meetings to ask everyone if they visit PI.com and if they do, what their psuedonym is. I’ve tried it once before and everyone looked at me as if I had three heads, so won’t be doing that again.

I feel it’s a dreadful shame that some of us are in the same room as one another and we just don’t know it.

After the chinwag, had a very interesting chat with the Branch Managers about TIC expanding out of just new ressy stuff.

Both of them supported the idea, but didn’t have the authority to make a decision. They’ve passed it up the food chain to big Kev over in Qld and he’s supposedly getting back to me. We’ll wait and see.

Could be a wee avenue for me to expand some more in the property circles and give up the day job.

@pudestcon

Olliee,
    I,m going to the Investors Club meeting in Willagee on Monday night. If you can make it, or anybody else for that matter maybe we could catch up if you want. I’ll be the one in jeans with an orange shirt. I’m a male, 55, dark brown hair, 180cm tall and weigh 95kgs or so. If anyone can’t make it to that meeting but would like to make contact then please feel free to PM me. Maybe we could meet up somewhere for a coffee or if you prefer a non threatening scenario then another Investors Club meeting sometime. Let me say again that I have no involvement in the Investors Club except to use their services. I may become a Support Member but not involved at this stage. Just want to get that straight with everybody.
    Pud

Profile photo of SweetSweet
    @sweet

Ill just say ive heard good things, going tonite to one of their seminars

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

Hey Guys im in Coffs and they are having a meeting this coming Monday. I’ll be there and have a look too.

DD

Buyers Agent (Dip Financial Services(FP)
    Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Profile photo of gabsmangabsman
    @gabsman

I’ve heard a lot of good things about this club, but I have also heard a few bad cases of people being ripped off. Whether either are true or not, I’m not sure, but I do know that they were investigated back in 2003. I think if enough people complained to ASIC for them to be investigated, it’s gotta ring warning bells?

Comments?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.