All Topics / Help Needed! / furniture issues

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of TurtleTurtle
    @turtle

hi everyone,

Just a quick question to see what peoples feelings are…we own a unit in Kalgoorlie (of course) that is currently vacant…we have dropped the asking rent to try and get someone in quickly (is still CF+ with the reduction), but now the agent says the lounge chair is far from serviceable and needs replacing…given that we’re in Brisbane, we are just curious to see how other people have handled this situation and if anyone knows how I can get a reasonably priced couch into the unit etc…

we are really new to all this and would appreciate any comments or snide remarks!! ;-)

cheers
    Grant and Nic

Profile photo of MagellanMagellan
    @magellan

Hi, maybe you can send a couch cover– by mail to the PM for them to fit over the couch if it is just shabby–would be a lot cheaper than entrusting a PM with buying new couch in kalgoolie– you can buy the sort of thing– sometimes called “couch pyjamas” in Target, K Mart etc- They fit over the couch, tuck in and usually have a tie to fold in any excess fabric-

Profile photo of TurtleTurtle
    @turtle

Great idea!! thanks for that…the PM has been getting prices for us but as you’d know you’re flat out getting a reasonable couch for under 7 or 800 dollars now.

I guess it all depends on her definition of “Shabby” and if it includes the state of the cuhsioning and frame…i’ll check that out.

ta
    G[biggrin]

Profile photo of GelFGelF
    @gelf

Just an Idea,

Perhaps you could buy one off e-bay or get hold of the local papers for sale section and have them deliver.

…or you could attact a Tennant with ‘I’ll buy you a sofa if you sign a longer lease’

Good Luck

@turtle

thanks GeIF,
    ebay is definately an option…tpt costs maybe painful though and then there is coordinating delivery with the PM etc…seeing as the unit is currently vacant. I’ll try the teaser option as well if I have no other choice, could be interesting to see how that goes!!

Profile photo of dr housedr house
    Participant
    @dr-house

why even have the furniture, can’t you just throw it out?
    Add furniture and they break down or become faulty, you are up for replacement or liability.

@turtle

yeah, I could just toss it, but the unit was FULLY furnished when we bought it…we knew it had some furniture, and some was listed on the contract…but when the tennant moved out and we had an inventory done it’s literally completely furnished, apparently it was all ours but only the tennant knew about it…at least he was honest enough in that resepct (the sod still owes me a couple of weeks rent). so I guess the answer is because it has everything else, it may look a little odd without a sofa…

or I could just chuck it out…[biggrin]

Profile photo of jjaausjjaaus
    @jjaaus

Could the PM take a digital photo to give you an idea of the condition? Is the “chair” all that is holding up the property being tenanted????

Just out of interest what % to you pay the PM?

Cheers

Jeff Aquilina

Need a holiday? http://www.coralsearesort.com email me [email protected] 20% DISCOUNT for PropertyInvesting.com members

@turtle

Hey Jeff,

Haver her doing that at the moment, should have it in a day or so…may be my deciding factor…if ok then can follow earlier suggeestion of a couch cover…we’ll see, struggling with the concept of freighting a couch to Kal!!!!

paying 7.7% for the PM

cheers
    G

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek
    Originally posted by Turtle:

struggling with the concept of freighting a couch to Kal!!!!

Kalgoorlie is a very large city and as such there are plenty of possibilities to purchase a couch in town. I don’t see a lot of benefit in freighting something in.

Focus on the big picture – let the small detail wash over you.

As an aside is a new couch going to get you a tenant? I would give serious consideration to informing the PM that a new couch will be ordered/purchased as soon as the incoming tenant indicates they want one.

Derek
    [email protected]
    http://www.pis.theinvestorsclub.com.au
    0409 882 958

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

I’d be looking secondhand in Kal as well as trying to get a new tenant Asap..

Snide comments..hmmm..according to ABS Kal is still a town of population decline of 0.59% p/annum (going from memory as I read this fact the other day and mentioned it to a friend who has recently sold all his Kal IP’s)

;o)

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

@turtle

Yep fair call…thanks Derek…

I am still REALLY new to all this and whilst I am on a really steep learning curve, I tend to miss the bigger picture…cheers.

I am on 14 weeks long serviced leave at the moment and am trying to learn as much as I can to really get moving with my investments

thanks again!!
    G

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Turtle,

No problems – just like to keep people focussed on the big picture.

Just remember you are a long way ahead of many others who are still going to do something one day.

Derek
    [email protected]
    http://www.pis.theinvestorsclub.com.au
    0409 882 958

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.