All Topics / Finance / Low Doc Investment Loans

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of JVTJVT
    @jvt

Has anyone had experience with this type of loan or knows where / who lends on this basis? I run a small business and my income (statistically) would not yet stack up to normal scrutinee, yet I will be able to cover my costs.

I would be looking for 100%.

REgards

JES

JES

Profile photo of WylieWylie
    @wylie

We have just used a Westpac loan which is a low doc type setup for one year until we prove our servicing ability, when the interest rate reverts to the rate we are paying for the other half a million they lent us two years ago (and which has been serviced properly). One would have thought our servicing record over the years would speak for itself. Go figure!!

We are very glad to have the loan (through a neighbour / broker) because it enabled us to buy the property behind one we already have, but otherwise we wouldn’t have touched it. The reason it is a low doc type loan is because I don’t work (outside the home – and not much inside either – LOL) so our servicing was letting us down but we had stacks of equity.

I’d definitely go to a broker who can source a lender for you.

Wylie.

Profile photo of MortgagemanMortgageman
    Participant
    @mortgageman

Hi Jes,

The maximum LVR on a low doc loan that you would be able to get would be 95% with rates from around 8.5%. I suggest you speak to a good broker about your options.

Regards,

Cameron Perry
    Finance Consultant
    Perry Financial Strategies
    Level 13, 30 Collins St
    Melbourne VIC 3000
    Ph (03) 9662 1999
    Fax (03) 9662 2044

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

I have dealt with both Cameron and his brother Alistair on a number of occasions. There background is town planning so there is little they do not understand about property investment finance

Nigel Kibel

http://www.propertyknowhow.com.au

Australian and New Zealand The United States Property Researcher and education
    One Day property investment research workshop The United States. Please register your interest

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

These days nearly all lenders offer low doc loans. Usually the max LVR is around 80%, though there are a few that offer higher LVRs with higher rates.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Parramatta
    [email protected]
    Just send me a blank email, with “subscribe” in subject line.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

As Terry mentions most lenders offer some form of lodoc product these days although they all differ in interest rate, features and easy of acceptance.

Other lenders offer upto 95% lodoc at slightly higher interest rates but no one offers a 100% loan unfortunately.

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker
    Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of JVTJVT
    @jvt

Thanks very much everyone. Appreciate the low down.

Cheers,

JES

Profile photo of amerc79amerc79
    Participant
    @amerc79

Hi Jes,

Unfortunately, you will be hard pressed to find a lender prepared to lend 95% on a low-doc investment loan. Most deal in 80% as they will not obtain mortage insurance. I have seen various rates from 7.75% for properties in good areas and if they do not fit within those parameters then you are looking at 8.50%. I deal with a company that does offer 7.75% on low-doc investment purchases, owner builder etc. If you have any quesions just let me know.[biggrin]

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

amerc79

Most non conforming lenders offer lodoc loans for Investment properties with a LVR > that 80%

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker
    Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.