All Topics / Help Needed! / fire, smoke & water damage

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of Rookie DeveloperRookie Developer
    @rookie-developer

Hi everyone
    I am looking tomorrow at a weatherboard that has had a fire in the rear.
    I am told that even with painting the remaining parts of the house that the smoke damage remains.
    I have no idea about this
    can anyone help me with what can & can’t be done, and the costs associated??

thank you

Troy

Profile photo of PudestconPudestcon
    @pudestcon

G’day Troy,

As a member of the building industry and having past direct experience in what you describe I can say that the smoke damage can be rectified for a reasonable cost. Exactly how much would depend on the extent of damage so have a registered painter take a look and give you a price.
    Generally what is required is to clean the affected areas with sugar soap or a product called Tricleanium. (I’m sure there are other products on the market which will do the job just as well) After cleaning, the surfaces will look absolutely terrible but don’t worry!! Give the surfaces a good coat of sealer fit for the purpose (the paint store attendant should be able to advise you on this) and then 2 coats of premium quality paint and Voila!! good as new!!

Cheers,

Pud

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.