All Topics / Help Needed! / house market state – up down sideways?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of benderfilebenderfile
    Participant
    @benderfile

hi all,
    Just wondered where you all think the market is, sideways, strong or bottomed out? time to buy/sell or hold?

still not sure of how to get around the forum totally but i am having a ball!

cheerz loveys

Profile photo of jjaausjjaaus
    @jjaaus

HI Benderfile

You want to check through the forums over the past few days, the question about the state of the market has been a topic in various forms several times.

Cheers

Jeff Aquilina

Need a holiday? http://www.coralsearesort.com email me [email protected] 20% DISCOUNT for PropertyInvesting.com members

Profile photo of benderfilebenderfile
    Participant
    @benderfile

thanx jjaaus im on it [biggrin]

Profile photo of kdhnkdhn
    @kdhn

Asked the same question here myself a few days ago . Everyone has different views and as Jeff said everyone is asking the same thing at the mo.Personally l think she’s taking a dive . Another good 10 – 15 % min yet , places like Sydney even more .

Cheers
    Mkc

Participant
    @benderfile

Yeh Mkc,
    on one hand i hope ur wong about 10-15% – in sydney we have an IP and a PPOR i plan to use for equity, the sooner i get valuations the better it seems
    i am still going ahead and looking around the place(cant hurt)
    i will find one of those motivated vendors and the sale price or ROI will compensate
    havent found the right ‘problems’ for my solutions

still looking[eh]

@kdhn
    Originally posted by benderfile:

Yeh Mkc,
    on one hand i hope ur wong about 10-15% – in sydney we have an IP and a PPOR i plan to use for equity, the sooner i get valuations the better it seems
    i am still going ahead and looking around the place(cant hurt)
    i will find one of those motivated vendors and the sale price or ROI will compensate
    havent found the right ‘problems’ for my solutions

Yeah l think get it yesterday . Worried about the same thing , l had a great valuation the other day but in 6 mths l’ll need to refinance . l’m worried about where it might be then so l’m honing in on sprucing up the cosmetics . l don’t think apart from along those sort of lines it’s that much of a problem , investers usually scrounge good deals anyway. My theory is for the future , find bargain & desperate sellers then cut 15 % or more of that again to cover any drops . Buy places with a few options .l feel sorry for first home buyers though that were paying so much in the boom .
    Cheers
    Mkc

still looking[eh]

Profile photo of ecattecatt
    @ecatt

Im with Mkc… I think the drop has a way to go yet… ESPECIALLY in Sydney!

Participant
    @benderfile

i have to agrre that we are in a far better position than 1st HB and there are still deals out there if we think laterally.
    rang an agent today with a display home for sale with an option. before ‘1,000,000 in …..’ i wouldnt have considered that and i read the book xmas (thanks steve great book.
    i am expanding my possibilities and looking everywhere for deals.
    in the lasty three days i have considered and inquired about
    storage sheds
    display home with option
    small block flats
    shop tenanted by sex shop
    2-3 br houses
    i am surprised i can still go out and trade my time for money

does ANYONE out there think sydney HAS touched bottom?

cheers[blink]

“if the only tool you have is a hammer you will need to see every problem as a nail”

@kdhn

i have to agrre that we are in a far better position than 1st HB and there are still deals out there if we think laterally.
    rang an agent today with a display home for sale with an option. before ‘1,000,000 in …..’ i wouldnt have considered that and i read the book xmas (thanks steve great book.
    i am expanding my possibilities and looking everywhere for deals.
    in the lasty three days i have considered and inquired about
    storage sheds
    display home with option
    small block flats
    shop tenanted by sex shop
    2-3 br houses
    i am surprised i can still go out and trade my time for money

does ANYONE out there think sydney HAS touched bottom?

cheers[blink]

l have a storage shed on my place but unfortunately l’m not getting many calls . l am a fair way out though but asking around , most in or near big towns rake it in and are knocking people back . So at the moment l’m trying to come up ways attract some customers .
    Cheers
    Mkc

“if the only tool you have is a hammer you will need to see every problem as a nail”

Participant
    @benderfile

mkc,
    if you cant attract them with a free rent period or initial rent reduction perhaps it could be used for archive storage or boat /car
    or even a local hardware store or builder that need to have a lockup?cheers

Profile photo of ecattecatt
    @ecatt

Another idea is maybe truck drivers may need some space to leave their truck? I guess it depends on the land configuration. The reason why I say that is that my grand dad used to lease out his land for truckdrivers to leave their trucks. It was really secure though as he lived near the land so could keep an eye on it.

@kdhn

mkc,
    if you cant attract them with a free rent period or initial rent reduction perhaps it could be used for archive storage or boat /car
    or even a local hardware store or builder that need to have a lockup?cheers

Thanks for those tips guys. l don’t know for some reason we just aren’t getting calls . l try to make it as tempting as poss’ , nothing . Plenty of entrance for trucks or whatever as well but no calls there either. Shame it’s 110 ft long , the money it could be making which l ‘m depending on long term . l’ll try a few Melbourne adds next , holiday boats and vans because l’m up the coast where they all holiday .
    lt could be a time/niech thing , keep pushing , build up , very hard to tell .
    Cheers
    Mkc

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.