All Topics / Heads Up! / Young Club??

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Profile photo of matt_hoopermatt_hooper
    @matt_hooper

Hi All,

What I would like to do is Start a Young Investor Club for people under the age of 30 to Discuss what works for them and how they go about investing and how they got started or plan to get started as i think this would be a great way for networking with young like minded people that are all about achieving that great thing “Financial Freedom” and I know its a personal goal of my own to be Financially free by the age of 35.

I would like to Have regular meetings with people and get speakers involved that are successful and just a general discussion about investing and the best way to go about it.

What I would like is for the group to have meetings every 3rd month as i know people are very busy. Either in Sydney or Melbourne as I am from Tasmania I will have to Travel to attend these meetings and I hope others from all over Aus would do the same.

If you are Interested please email me.
    [email protected]

Cheers

Matt Hooper

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

Damn, I miss out by 6 years!!!![blink]

What is the logic of including people based on their birth dates instead of their knowledge and expertise?

what happens if a 30 year old joins, will they be out the following year when they turn 31?

We buy properties in Adelaide. No Agent Fees.
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Profile photo of Esther TanEsther Tan
    Participant
    @thewizard

Hi Matt,

Good idea in regards to getting people around your own age as you can probably relate better. However it would be difficult to have a regular all rounded input from everyone due to inexperience of changing markets and therefore changing strategies.

It’s important to mix and listen to people further along the road of investing as they’re well seasoned and can sugguest better ideas and solutions to problems and that usually but not always means they’re 30+. Also your network is alot larger.

Profile photo of AlwayzLearninAlwayzLearnin
    Participant
    @alwayzlearnin

Sound like a good idea to me. I’m 27and in sydney (sounds like a singles ad [blink]) and would love to attend this sort of meeting.

I would have to agree with Dr.X and THEWIZARD here and say that although its a good idea to spend time with ppl of the same age, the benifit of experience would be a greater incentive for me to turn up.

Profile photo of Beth_AshtonBeth_Ashton
    Participant
    @beth_ashton

Hi Matt,

I’m in Melbourne and think it sounds like a great idea.
    Holding meetings every quarter is also a good idea as it gives people the time to progress their initial plans and in a space of time that allows them to acheive!
    I would be v. interested in your discussion group :)

Regards,

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Great idea Matt!!

Why not build a web site and call it “the young investors club”

You can build a community where people all over the world can join in.

You can build a team of licienced qualified independant professional alliances who r under 30 – solicators,real estate agents,developers,accountants,conveyancers,etc etc all helping each other with INFORMATION to make a better out come.

Build it and they will come – good luck mate the world needs more ideas like yours to help people.

resiwealth

Profile photo of jjaausjjaaus
    @jjaaus

Hi Matt,

Tend to agree that 30 may limit your audience……

I am 31 [tongue] and would love to come along to your meetings……you could possibly hold a meeting in MEL SYD and BNE so people would not have to travel so far, airfares are cheap between these cities, perhaps invite a hotel to sponsor you, they could offer you FREE boardroom in return for you to promote people to stay at the hotel overnight if accommodation in required. You may like to invite a “senior” propertyinvestor.com member along as a guest speaker?

Let me (us) know how you progress….

Jeff Aquilina

Need a holiday? http://www.coralsearesort.com email [email protected]

Profile photo of matt_hoopermatt_hooper
    @matt_hooper

Hi everyone,

I have been doing allot of thinking about this and I know that the whole under 30 thing got the over 30’s a bit worried I know they have allot of knowledge about investing that’s why I wanted to Include speakers etc that have a good understanding of investing.

The website idea is a great one as well especially to get contacts in other parts of the world.

The Reason I wanted “young” investors is to get people networking with people there own age and to help people get started.

I was also thinking as well as having Guest speakers that are successful (any age) There could be a what I like to call a Senior board which would be generally people older than 30 that are very successful at investing advise the “young club” on how to go about things what works in today’s market etc and do a little bit of mentoring as well.

What are people’s thoughts??

Cheers Matt

Profile photo of siahmksiahmk
    @siahmk

I think it’s a great idea.

For young people who might not have a lot of capital, it may also be a good way of finding like-minded people to invest with.

Profile photo of AlwayzLearninAlwayzLearnin
    Participant
    @alwayzlearnin
    Originally posted by Dr.X:
    what happens if a 30 year old joins, will they be out the following year when they turn 31?

I would like to know the answer to this too.

As I am creeping closer to 30 [eh] I would like to know if I would have to leave my new found friends and associates because I was deemed not young anymore *cries at the thought*

Profile photo of matt_hoopermatt_hooper
    @matt_hooper

Hi Zyleth,

Good point I will work something out for that as oneday I will be 30 myself maybe I can start a Club for Everyone aswell and have a Meeting with the under 30’s seperate for a discussion on how to get started and what other people under 30 are doing etc.

What do you think??

Cheers

Matt

Profile photo of martincmartinc
    @martinc

Sounds like a good thing to me Matt,

You could do quite a bit with the idea… maybe make yourself a business out of it? I think if you could somehow get together info about the basics of property investment for beginners like myself, and share this stuff at your meetings it would be benefical to many people.

[thumbsupanim]

Profile photo of camnlisacamnlisa
    Participant
    @camnlisa

Hi Matt

I’m only 31 (don’t feel older than 25-26 though) and didn’t expect to be classed as “Senior” just yet ;-)

Cheers

Lisa

Profile photo of Benny MBenny M
    Participant
    @benny-m

Hey Matt,

I think its a great idea. Im fairly young and looking at investing in the near future. I moved to sydney about 3 years ago from the Central Coast and would love to meet some like minded people in a similar situation in and around where I live, as well as receive the guidance and education from those more experienced and knowledgeable. This “Young Club” sounds great. Keep the ideas comin’ guys

Profile photo of camdercamder
    Participant
    @camder

Whilst I do not even come close to attending if your meeting is for under 30’s, I would like to remind those people in Sydney of the Sydney Meeting Group. We are having an informal get-to-gether at Petersham RSL 29th Jan at 4pm and then something more organised on the last Sunday of each month. We have had several already and are now establishing a routine of the last Sunday of the month
    We have a mixture of ages and expertise and experience and have good feedback from these meetings, so if you feel you want to come along then be there.
    All and any are welcome.
    Cheers Len

Profile photo of Benny MBenny M
    Participant
    @benny-m

Thanks Len,
    I will certainly be making myself available for that evening.

Cheers,
    Ben

Profile photo of jesse010jesse010
    @jesse010
    Originally posted by camder:

I would like to remind those people in Sydney of the Sydney Meeting Group. We are having an informal get-to-gether at Petersham RSL 29th Jan at 4pm and then something more organised on the last Sunday of each month.
    All and any are welcome.

Hi Len, Can you let me know what goes on at these type of get-to-gethers? Would really like to go, but don’t know if it would be for me yet as I haven’t yet bought any ip’s

Thanks, Jess

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

Why not have the ‘Young Club” for those up to 30yrs and the “Young at heart” club as you “mature”. They could have the same guidelines and Mission Statement and then get together annually.

Amanda
    “It is better to be inconspicuously wealthy, than to be ostentatiously poor…”

Profile photo of Property WAProperty WA
    @property-wa

Hi matt_hooper,

Ive been looking for something like that for months! Im in.

Unfortunately I am based in WA but would be more than interested in helping in anyway with the website idea and even perhaps looking at setting up a WA branch.

Im 22 and have a few friends that would also be interested as well as clients with children who Id be happy to pass on details to of ‘The Young Investors Club’ or alike.

Happy to look at helping with marketing, recruitment, organising and even capital if the forumla’s right.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.