All Topics / Heads Up! / Richmastery Property Academy: 3-day course

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of TrixyTrixy
    @trixy

Hi,

I am interested in learning more about property investing to build confidence to go out and start acting on my thoughts. I am considering doing the Richmastery Property Academy 3-day course which is running in Auckland, NZ, in May.

Having read the background information it seems to cover most things and has some good speakers (including Steve! Which is what attracted my attention). However, the cost is $3,999 and was wondering if anyone has done this course or has any knowledge of its worth?

This is a lot of money for me but it is a good opportunity for me to attend a seminar and learn about a wide range of issues – as I have always put off attending seminars for the cost (seminar and travel costs) and time limitations.

Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated!

TMF

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi Tina
    this is definately not a thing I give judgement on as I never pay for some thing that I get for free but I can tell you that all the investments that I have done have not come from a book or a seminar.
    I would save my money and go to you local investing group, clubs are good but don’t pay anything and then get your structure right for 4,000 cash if you know what you are doing will give you about 160k in equity within 12 months and a land value cost of about 360k.
    sorry to say this but I will use the saying that I like, when a rich man meets a wise man the wise man gets a little richer and the rich man gets alittle wiser.
    it a very old chinese saying and it goes true.
    if you wish to learn and you have budgeted to spend 4k then fine just to put it in prospective it cost 2500 to do the first part of a 3 year degree in economic at Macquarie uni in sydney and cost 13k for the degree.
    at the end you will be able to become an accountant with an income, for your 4k what will it give you joe soap said this
    education is good but you must educate yourself to sort the grain from the sheaf.
    throwing money at everyone that wants to teach you does not make a good student it makes a nice fat teacher and neither is good.
    but ha that my .002

here to help
    If you want to get involved in some of the projects I’m involved in email to [email protected]

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Read some of Phil JONES books, look at Wealth Spy and get a feel for what will happen in the academy..even in NZ yields are dropping (though still good deals can be found)

As for +CF speak to Westan etc about deals they are sourcing or investigate Steve’s new area of interest (Developments) via Martin AYLES

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

I have in the past spoken at the Richmastery Acadamy. i also know that they have some great speakers. If you are new to investing then this will give you a good grounding. The three days will be tiring but you will learn a lot. Just remember that the three days they will also promote there products such as mentoring software ect.
    Its true that you can learn without paying for information but it can be a costly to do so. Just remember that Richmasterys main push is positive cashflow. This acadamy will give you some of the awnsers but not all, it is unlike most education seminars very interactive.

Nigel Kibel

http://www.propertyknowhow.com.au

Australian and New Zealand The United States Property Researcher and education
    One Day property investment research workshop The United States. Please register your interest

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of TrixyTrixy
    @trixy

Thank you all for your advice.

Nigel Kibel – the advantage you pointed out about doing the course was major reason for my interest: it will provide me with a good grounding and I can learn some things with out learning them the expensive way in ‘the field’. Your positive feedback on the course is encouraging.

Grossrealisation – I am leaning towards not doing the course having read your response. It is true – the course is a lot of money which could be invested elsewhere and the things I will learn could be learnt for free over time. But I wanted a fast way of learning the basics to give me the confidence and motivation to start doing something! (maybe that is being unrealistic and it only comes from experience…) I know what you’re saying that you can pay for as much ‘training’ as you like but it won’t necessarily help you unless you use your knowledge and actively apply it.

Redwing – I will be continuing to do my own learning via books and looking at internet sites such as this etc. I will take a look at your suggestions.

At the moment I am swaying towards not doing the course but I will keep the option open. I have a fixation though with learning the basics fast so I can start acting! In the meantime I will be devoting more time to looking through this site and perhaps look at joining a local property investing group (which I’ve never actually heard of but it sounds great!).

The main issue for me is no longer time or money, rather the motivation and courage to get out of my comfort zone and make the first move. Hopefully, as I gain information, advice and knowledge through resources like this that courage will come!

TMF

Participant
    @nigel-kibel

If the course gives you the motovation then it has been worth the money. Doing research ids not hard. You need to decide on an area and get to learn it like the back of your hand. You will be suprised how quickly you will gain an understanding of prices.

The only problem with most courses is that they are designed to make more money from you. The reason is that most people want an easy way to make money. The 3 day acadamey is great providing that you go into it with your eyes open and are prepared to learn. The problem with many people on this forum is they forget what it is like to be inexperienced. Clearly if a course can save you 6 months then it is worth while.

Once you have a better understanding you can build your own team of experts to help you out.

Nigel Kibel

One Day property investment research workshop The United States. Please register your interest

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Keep us posted..

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation
    Originally posted by Nigel Kibel:

The problem with many people on this forum is they forget what it is like to be inexperienced.

Hmm, nope, I remember being naive, gullible and losing money to scams… never to the tune of $1000+ per day though!
    F.[cowboy2]

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi foundation
    I not one for sitting on the fence but with seminars it very difficult to judge without seeing hte information.
    no I haven’t seen losses of 1000 a day but I have seen gains of 1000 aday and not just the seminar hosters.
    it depends if your are willing to pay someone to educate you and are they qualified ( and what qualification is required in your mind for this job) to do this alot I have seen I’m not sure they are.
    3k is half the first part of a degree at maquarie uni in accounting (6 months) and are you going to get this level of training
    not sure
    if you don’t know What your doing then losing 3 k is not a great deal as you will buy a 450k property in your own name and sell it 8 months later at a loss and be down the tube for alot more.
    the main thing is learn what your doing and you must become an expert in that field for me I would go into seminars the same way as I would an investment and as you would look at a house with white ants
    the same with a seminar with white ants except these white ants eat into your pocket and eat money not wood

here to help
    If you want to get involved in some of the projects I’m involved in email to [email protected]

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

I’d recommend reading good resource books also and get to know your local market inside out. Go to open houses, read local papers about what developments are occuring, set yourself a budget and saving plan (min 10% gross income), visit the Council and obtain a copy of the town planning, get your finance pre-approved, obtain data on average household incomes in your area, what is the average rent for the area, surround yourself with likeminded people, set yourself a goal and go for it. Nothing beats experience !!

Amanda
    “It is better to be inconspicuously wealthy, than to be ostentatiously poor…”

Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Thank you for that brilliant but ignorent response foundation. I am not saying that this is the awnser, however I have also come across people who have done it themselves and have lost a lot more than $1000 per day. Think of all te people who have lost money on Westpoint Mezzanine scheme. If they had been a little better educated they may have not made that mistake. I run a one day course for under$300 that trains people to do the research. Richmastery run an event it will not suit everyone. However if it motivates someone into action and they go there with there eyes open it may wll be a small price to pay. Clearly as Steve is a key note speaker there he must believe that what they are doing is worth while.

Nigel Kibel

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of gladi8torgladi8tor
    @gladi8tor

Lets ask Steve what benefit is he getting by speaking at the event? Selling his books, fame, commission, or his development?

As for you Tina, close your eyes for 5 minutes, and let yourself decide what you want to do. Most of this response are rubbish anyway.

Good Luck[party]

Joe Abadi

Profile photo of hbhb
    @hb

tina
    “has some good speakers (including Steve! Which is what attracted my attention)”

r u serious?

did you see that intro video on home page….that was enough for me.

try an alternative, have a read of this….

“the essence of happiness”
    its a guidebook for living, by the Dalai Lama

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.