All Topics / Help Needed! / Investing interstate

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of dinglc01dinglc01
    @dinglc01

I have recently left uni and will be beginning work full time shortly. I am incredibly keen to begin investing in property and find these forums very useful and have learnt a lot from them.

my question relates to searching for investments interstate. i feel it is important to invest locally while i am still new to the game, however while i search and play with rough numbers i often find what look like reasonable deals interstate.

what are peoples thoughts on investing interstate, is it necessary to travel and inspect properties? is it a good idea to be on the other side of the country where you have little control over your property?

any comments would be appreciated, cheers

Profile photo of ShwingShwing
    Participant
    @shwing

Hi dinglc01,

It appears that you are in WA.
    Being from Sydney I believe some of the best opportunities are still in your own state. WA is where my last purchase was.
    I’m all for investing interstate, I only have my PPOR in Sydney.
    You should never have to watch over a good investment.

Mal

Getting out of your comfort zone, can help you become comfortable

Profile photo of psychic26296psychic26296
    @psychic26296

Hi, I too am from WA and I agree property is booming over here, nothing lasts more than 3 weeks it seems so you have to act fast. But as regards to the numbers, the rents are sadly lacking behind which makes the eastern States seem really attractive.

The rents are almost double in the Eastern States to what you can get in some areas here, so you do have to search well.

Good luck with your investing.

Anita

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.