All Topics / Help Needed! / finding deals, when you dont live in the country

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of meakinmaster60meakinmaster60
    Participant
    @meakinmaster60

G’day everyone,
    has anyone some expeirience in buying property, when their time in the area is very limited?
    I live OS and only get home to Perth once a year, The net is ok for searching, but maybe I am looking in the wrong places.
    Look forward to your replys!

Jase

JASE

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

buyers agents are good to act on your behalf. I dont know any in Perth, but it may be worth making some enquiries on it.
    Cheers!

We buy properties in Adelaide. No Agent Fees.
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I’ve used a buyers agent before and have purchased many properties interstate without ever seeing them. It can work well if you can find someone you can trust. (i’ve found out now that mine was not so trustworthy!)

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Parramatta
    [email protected]
    Just send me a blank email, with “subscribe” in subject line.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of MichaelYardneyMichaelYardney
    Participant
    @michaelyardney

If you can’t be there to do the research and understand the intricacies of the market then I agree with the other posters that you should consider a proficient buyer”s advocate.

This is a relatively new industry in Perth compared to the eastern states, but I have had some dealings with one company – I can give you details if you email me.

Just another thought…..

Why Perth??

I know it is still booming compared to the eastern states but most of the investors who made great profits in the last boom made them by getting set for it and buying properties in the preceeding quieter times.

Many investors who bought in the last year or 2 of the boom are questioning (even regretting) their purchases.

Now may be a good time to consider selected purchases in Melbourne, Sydney or SE Queensland.

Michael Yardney
    METROPOLE PROPERTIES
    Author of Australia’s leading property e-magazine.
    Join over 10,000 readers each month.
    FREE subscription http://www.PropertyUpdate.com.au

Profile photo of jimmy007jimmy007
    @jimmy007

Why don’t you start looking for a joint venture partner ( equity or debt partner) that has the time available to source the win/win outcomes that you do not? I’m sure you could find plenty of people in forums such as this one to do business with. Providing that you have equity and borrowing capacity to contribute to the deal than people like myself would be more than happy to work with you.

I do deals like this regualy with people who are cash & asset rich but time and or knowledge poor.

Good luck pm me if your interested in doing deals in SA.

Profile photo of EveEve
    Participant
    @eve

Hi Jase,

I live in Perth and want to get into cosmetic renovations in the next few months to sell again short term while the market is hot and build up cash. I then want to move into more serious renovations or development later. I like the Martin Ayles approach where he builds a set of townhouses or duplex or whatever and sells them all except one to keep for PCF. I would love a partner as I don’t have a lot of cash/equity at this stage so please PM me if you’re interested.

Eve

Profile photo of jadisflowerjadisflower
    @jadisflower

I could source properties in the Geelong area for you online and possibly PM you if I find a deal I consider that might be interesting. I live in the area and am time rich and wouldn’t ask for any money out of the deal, just for the priveledge of discussing your experiences.

I doubt you’d be interested but if you are, give me a holler (preferably via PM or email)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.