All Topics / Finance / how many brokers?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of kriscotkriscot
    @kriscot

After speaking with my accountant i am preparing to go and see a mortgage broker(s). I am wondering if other investors out their consult more than one broker? I was given a few names in the newcastle area and im considering should i go and see all of them or do they all basically provide the same service?

Profile photo of camdercamder
    Participant
    @camder

Hi kriscot,
    Maybe depends on how comfortable you are with the broker you first see. I think they all have their preferences on who they might prefer to deal with at lend institutions from past experience. As you will as you buy more more properties etc .
    And remember you can speak to a few anyway before commitiing your self and can ascertain how the various deals stack up.
    You are not fully commited anyway until you accept the loan. Even the initial signature is only for the application to say that the details provided by you are correct and see if the lender will cosider the loan. No money is exchanged so it may not be as awesome as you think. It is after all a game between players.
    Do you not get some quotes on “say”- car repairs before you go ahead???
    Cheers , good luck and have fun !!!
    Len

Profile photo of learnsharelearnshare
    @learnshare

Like buying anything, it’s always proper to shop around, so that you could gain reference and comparison. As Len suggested, talk to several of them, see how good individually thery are. And choose the one you feel comortable and confident with.

Cheers,

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Good advice.

Except for Len’s. Given that each submitted application will find it’s way onto your CRA I would not advise applying and swapping lightly.

Also remember that this professional will do the bulk of his work for you at the very initial stages. So if you see several and let them all come up with proposals you will in effect be wasting a lot of time. Now this is your choice and is also part of our profession – we do get a lot of tyre kickers.

See a few brokers and see who you feel you can work with is my advice but don’t let each one think he is your final choice like some folks do. Is not an honest way of conducting business.

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

Simon,

Mate….I know you don’t like being pushy….but…..aren’t you the gun hand when it comes to Mortgage broking over there and indeed based in Newcastle ??

Kriscot, I think the right person you are looking for is right under your nose mate, and has already replied to you. Check him out, you could do far worse.

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek
    Originally posted by Dazzling:

Simon,

Mate….I know you don’t like being pushy….but…..aren’t you the gun hand when it comes to Mortgage broking over there and indeed based in Newcastle ??

Kriscot, I think the right person you are looking for is right under your nose mate, and has already replied to you. Check him out, you could do far worse.

Well said Dazzling – and if Simon stuffs up we can all hear about it here [biggrin]

In all seriousness – Simon is an investor and knows what investors want and is in the immediate area. Worth a chat at least.

Derek
    [email protected]
    http://www.pis.theinvestorsclub.com.au
    0409 882 958

Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

How embarrassing [blush2]

I do know other good brokers in Newcastle and am happy to give you their names. Save you pulling the phone book and tossing a dart at it.

Perhaps your accountant knows some too?

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of camdercamder
    Participant
    @camder

Greetings All,
    Perhaps Simon is one of the better brokers around !!! However we were not given the chance to find out because we still haven’t heard back from him after emailing sustantial info to him and speaking to him face to face at a somersoft meeting at Glebe. And this was 23rd September last.

So although may be you don’t need heaps of brokers to talk to, you do need to at least approach more than one.

And as Derek said if “he stuffs up” we all hear about it. And now you have !!

BUT because it is all a game to have fun at, I have it all off my chest, gone to another broker who I am really happy with and am moving on.

The psycological damage caused to me when people fail to reply to Inquiries (or is it Enquiries-never know for sure) has Affected me (or is it Effected me —never know with that one either) is just short of being irrepairable, but being the soldier that I am I will go forth to fight yet another day. God bless America.!!!

See how sane I am . I even have a note from the asylum to say I am now alright.

Cheers for now Len

Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Len,

Checked my emails and you are right – I missed replying to your single email. My sincerest apologies for the distress it seems to have caused.

And thanks for pointing it out several months later in public. It always helps to get constructive criticism.

All the best,

Simon Macks
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Profile photo of kriscotkriscot
    @kriscot

thanx for all the advice, my accountant did supply me with two contacts which i will be ringing today. Simon i might give you a call as well

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Kriscot

Ditch your Accountants recommendations Simon is the man in the Hunter.

You go and see him and he always has a cold beer in his office beer fridge.

Any Newcastle clients i have i refer to Simon.

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker
    Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Ooops – the things I say in jest. Sorry Simon.

Derek
    [email protected]
    http://www.pis.theinvestorsclub.com.au
    0409 882 958

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.