All Topics / Help Needed! / Mentor Needed!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of matt_hoopermatt_hooper
    @matt_hooper

Hi all,

I’m in the need of a Mentor, Im 22 years old and wanting to start in the investing and property Devolping arena I have just got a job with LJ Hooker as a sales rep but dont start untill late march so currently working as a “Casual” Furniture salesman isnt really allowing the income to flow in to start investing / Developing.

I live in Tasmania and the property here is alot cheaper than all states in Australia around $140K + for a good sized 3 bed home depending on what area you are in but there is alot of room for Development and i MEAN ALOT if there is anyone out there willing to mentor a young guy and show me the ropes I am willing to listen but i want someone who has “proven” Success in the Game Please write me an email if you think you can help or even become an investing partner.

Cheers

Matt Hooper

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Matt,

I have deleted the repeated thread in General Property. Double posting means that conversations can become disjointed and make it difficult for individuals to follow.

All the best trying to find a mentor.

Derek
    [email protected]
    http://www.pis.theinvestorsclub.com.au
    0409 882 958

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Matt,

You want a mentor – in fact a proven mentor.

What are you willing to offer in return? What can you bring to the table?

Or are you hoping for a kindly old fella who will guide you to success from the goodness of his heart? [biggrin]

All the best mate

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of matt_hoopermatt_hooper
    @matt_hooper

Yes i want a Mentor and yes i want a proven mentor and no i dont think anyone will just do it out of the kindness of there heart there has to be something in it for them aswell which i am more than willing to give something back to a good mentor.
    As i said an investment parnter aswell weather it be a 60-40% or even a 50-50% either way.
    But i wont give someone money for just giving me a hot tip aswell.

Cheers

Matt

Profile photo of aussieinvestoraussieinvestor
    Participant
    @aussieinvestor

Hi Matt

I’m sure that when you start at LJ Hooker, you will be in contact and building relationships with many investors and developers alike.

If you build and nurture those relationships you should learn a lot from those people and most importantly build some good rapport.

In good time, when you are doing deals together and they see that you are genuine and interested in what they are doing, I’m sure that they will give you some insights and tips and perhaps even offer to take you on and mentor you.

In regards to Simon’s post, you will then be in a position to bring excellent deals to the table in return for their assistance.

I hope it all works out as I’m sure it will because you be in an excellent postion at Hookers.

All the best…aussie

(formerly giraffe…New Year, New Nick, New Opportunities)

“Real Estate – The Foundations of Wealth”

aussieinvestor | Digital Revenue Pty Ltd
    http://appliancewhiz.com
    Email Me

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

G’day Matt,

I too was in your position mid way through last year and hooked up with a kindly old gentleman who reluctantly agreed to be my Mentor. The entry price for me was rather high.

As the mentee (is that a word ?? he calls me his Minty) you are in for a hell of a lot of work and brain thinking exercising trying to catch up with what your Mentor will be thinking and trying to impart to you. It’s definitely not a ‘sit back and be spoonfed’ session, well not with mine it’s not.

My only suggestion is the ideal Mentor is someone who is travelling done the same path as the one you wish to follow (if you want to pursue developments don’t hitch up with a gun reno hand, and vice versa) and make sure they are about 2 or 3 steps in front of you. If they are 8 or 9 steps in front of you it’s hopeless…the concepts and tools they use won’t be available to you and you’ll be completely confused in the methods they employ.

On previous similar questions, I know people like Redwing have suggested forums like this provide the best form of mentoring due to the broad contribution of knowledge.

Good luck with your search.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.